You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Any way to recreate this?

See how the extra strokes on either side of the middle (beige) one have different color palettes? Is there a way to recreate this in Affinity designer?
I know how to stack strokes on top of each other with the "appearance" menu, but I can't seem to come up with a way to color the strokes with a different color on either side.

Help?

retro-background-with-colorful-striped-design-elements_22415-1944.jpg.8ce814f822abf4e48fb0d1e71f4ee873.jpg

This is a direction Affinity should eventually move.  In CorelDRAW, this sort of thing is quite easy.  In one approach, Use the options of the contour tool to create all the curves (at one time), then manually color them.  You'd do this if you wanted a coloring scheme that didn't fit a gradient neatly.  Affinity Designer beta has a contour tool, but it lacks the option to create multiple contour curves in a single step.

Another approach would be to use the contour tool to create just the innermost and outermost curves, assign colors to them, then use the blend tool (Affinity Designer does not currently have a comparable tool) to generate all the intermediate curves (at one step).  The coloring, as well as the shape, of the intermediate curves is interpolated between the inner and outer curves defining the blend.

The latter technique is not limited to inner/outer curve pairs generated with a fixed offset by the contour tool.  In fact,  in CD it is a basic technique for shading in realistic vector illustration.  I eagerly await the day when AD has similar capabilities.

Only way I found was to use the contour tool in the beta version of Affinity Designer and then use masks

image.png.ed2165d3889a0f04ad1bdefede6b7c43.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

20 hours ago, emmmi said:

See how the extra strokes on either side of the middle (beige) one have different color palettes? Is there a way to recreate this in Affinity designer?
I know how to stack strokes on top of each other with the "appearance" menu, but I can't seem to come up with a way to color the strokes with a different color on either side.

Help?

retro-background-with-colorful-striped-design-elements_22415-1944.jpg.8ce814f822abf4e48fb0d1e71f4ee873.jpg

Here is how I'd do it with Appearance panel. This is the same as described by @Niall123492. Blue strokes are inside aligned, orange strokes are outside aligned and beige stroke is centre aligned. The path must be closed or Affinity will be unable to give it inside or outside aligned strokes.

multistroke.afdesign

514439266_multistrokescreenshot.thumb.png.23be8516e512fc2b6dd0869f88a971b0.png