You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher freezing when drawing text frame over picture frame

Hi

Earlier today I had an issue with Publisher freezing when I was trying to draw a text frame.  After trying a few different things i worked out that when the issue happened when I tried to draw the text frame over a picture frame.  If I draw the text frame over an unoccupied area of the page I can then move it over the picture frame without any problems, but every time I tried to draw it directly over the picture frame I experienced the freeze.

The picture frame was a sub-layer and I had the parent layer selected when drawing the text area.

I have not come across this before, is it a known problem?

Thanks

Ian

• Staff

Hi @Ian Homewood,

Which operating system are you running Publisher on?  I just tried replicating the issue on my Macbook and didn't have a problem.  Also could you attach either your .afpub file or a screenshot of your Layers Panel, so i can make sure i've set them up the same in my test file.

Hi

Thanks for looking.

I am on Windows 10 and have uploaded the file as requested.  The problem page was page 6, but it doesn't seem to  be experiencing the issue this morning.  If you delete the text frame which overlays the football pitch and then try creating a new text frame covering the entire pitch, that was when the freeze occurred.

When I was having the problem, I shut down and restarted my machine in case it was a resources issue, but that didn't resolve it.  I had to create the text frame on an empty area and then drag it over the pitch.

Cheers

Ian

2021-01-15_Weekly_Newsletter.afpub