You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Have created a few LUTs (Look Up Tables) using affinity photo and also downloaded a lot of them from the internet,

Can select a specific LUT from Adjustmens > LUT > Load LUT

and use it as an adjustment layer,

but if we have hundreds of them then we need to select one at a time to preview

how it would look on the image

it would be great if we could see a preview how all of them would look when applied to the image,

and then be able to select the one that we like

• 1 month later...

Totally agreed.
LUT feature is fine but not very usable for the moment :

1- we can't preview the result before apply

2- the applied LUT is not highlighted is the LUTs list, neither its name appears on the layer

3- if we load a bunch of LUTs it would be useful to have them sorted in subfolders in the LUTs list

Cheers

Not sure if anyone can help me here. I just downloaded 35 free luts from here https://www.rocketstock.com/free-after-effects-templates/35-free-luts-for-color-grading-videos/ ( I know it says video and wondered if it's why it's not working). After downloading the folder appears in downloads (it's on a MAC) There was no file to unzip, so I compressed it and then unzipped by double clicking (sorry I am new to all this). I also tried loading the luts without doing this. In affinity photo, I then choose layer, new adjustment layer-LUT but when I try to load LUT, it won't open anything.

Any ideas would be great 😊

19 minutes ago, Sharon Young said:

Not sure if anyone can help me here. I just downloaded 35 free luts from here https://www.rocketstock.com/free-after-effects-templates/35-free-luts-for-color-grading-videos/ ( I know it says video and wondered if it's why it's not working). After downloading the folder appears in downloads (it's on a MAC) There was no file to unzip, so I compressed it and then unzipped by double clicking (sorry I am new to all this). I also tried loading the luts without doing this. In affinity photo, I then choose layer, new adjustment layer-LUT but when I try to load LUT, it won't open anything.

Any ideas would be great 😊

Those LUTs work in Affinity Photo. It downloads as a .zip file (on Windows). Perhaps your Mac automatically unzipped it?

Inside the zip there's a 35-Free-LUTS folder with a bunch of .CUBE files.

In Affinity Photo, create your LUT Adjustment layer (via the Adjustment icon at the bottom of the Layers panel, or from the Adjustments panel by clicking on the LUT category and then clicking on Default). Then in the adjustment dialog, click Load... and navigate to the 35 Free Luts folder and choose the one you want to try.

Note: If using the Adjustment panel approach: there is a bug on some versions of MacOS (or some Photo screen configurations) which can make it hard to get the adjustment layer and dialog to appear. Using the icon at the bottom of the Layers panel may be more reliable for you.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1