You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

mirror text path vertically

Hallo,

ich habe ein Problem: Ich würde gerne Textpfade vertikal spiegeln. Wenn ich das tue, ist allerdings meine Schrift auch vertikal gespiegelt. Selbst, wenn ich den Pfad vor der Umwandlung in einen Textpfad Spiegel. 
Hat jemand eine Idee, wie ich das lösen oder umgehen kann?

DeepL Translation:
I have a problem: I would like to mirror text paths vertically. However, when I do that, my font is also mirrored vertically. Even if I mirror the path before converting it to a text path. 
Does anyone have an idea how I can solve or work around this?

Thanks for help.

Ich verstehe das Problem leider nicht. Was soll denn das Endresultat sein, die Buchstaben in umgekehrter Reihenfolge etwa? Kannst du ein Bild-Beispiel zeigen?

I don't understand the problem. What should the result look like? The letters in reversed order? Could you show an example?

On 1/13/2021 at 7:43 PM, Lagarto said:

Do you mean this (just mirroring the path)?

There are probably several other ways to achieve the same.

yes, that's actually exactly what I mean. But I can't get it to work. Reverse text path doesn't do the same for me as it does for you?

ja, das ist eigentlich genau das, was ich meine. Aber ich bekomme das nicht hin. Textpfad umkeheren bewirkt bei mir nicht das gleiche wie bei dir?

image.png.064bf2bf8aedf83b8511275ed0435fc7.png

maybe it is also a bug. Following the logic, the mirroring of the path should not be affected if you mirror the object before converting it to a text path.
If, on the other hand, you want to have the text path mirrored, you could easily achieve this by having a mirroring of the font when mirroring the TEXTPATH.

Fortunately, this does not affect me at the moment, because I only have to mirror symmetrical objects, so I can help myself by mirroring vertically and horizontally. Then the "mirrored" problem is solved.

---------

vielleicht ist es auch ein Bug. Der Logik folgend sollte die Spiegelung des Pfades nicht beeinflusst werden, wenn man das Objekt vor der Umwandlung in einen Textpfad spiegelt.
Möchte man dagegen den Textpfad gespiegel haben, würde man das ganz einfach erreichen können, in dem man beim Spiegeln des TEXTPFADES eine Spiegelung der Schrift hätte.

Momentan betrifft mich das zum Glück aber nicht, weil ich nur symetische Objekte Spiegeln muss, da kann ich mir dann behelfen, in dem ich Vertikal und Horizontal spiegel. Dann ist das "Spiegelverkehrte" Problem behoben.

• Staff

Hi Hewal,
After duplicating the object, switch to the Node Tool, select all nodes of the duplicated path, then flip vertically. Use the Baseline adjustment if needed/required. There another process but it's more convoluted and must be started from scratch, rather than with the object with text on a path already created.

10 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Hewal,
After duplicating the object, switch to the Node Tool, select all nodes of the duplicated path, then flip vertically. Use the Baseline adjustment if needed/required. There another process but it's more convoluted and must be started from scratch, rather than with the object with text on a path already created.

Heey thanks. This works great. It's a bit cumbersome, but does exactly what I want. Super many thanks!! You have to come up with that first.