You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Windows Customer Beta - 1.9.0.891

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: New features, performance, fixes
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post a new thread in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback. 

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Changes

• Fixed High Pass incorrectly applying to masks
  • Added Output Black Level to the Astrophotography Remove Background panel
  • Fixed Benchmark Run button enabling too soon 
  • Improved PDF import of alpha-only images
  • Removed Export Preview (it will come back later, with improvements)
  • Added OpenAsset integration (requires an existing OpenAsset account)
  • Fixed crashes relating to expanded groups in Layers panel
  • Fixed BMP loading for files with offset data
  • Enable PDF Passthrough
  • Fixed crash after clicking Texture panel in Brush Editor 

1.9.0.885 release notes

Hi Mark, for the last updates I have noticed that the download of a new version is extremely slow. It is only a little more than 500 MB and it takes more than one hour. I have a reasonably fast connection and a new PC. It seems like something has happened lately. Could you give me a clue.

Best regards,

Dennis

11 hours ago, Linslusen said:

Hi Mark, for the last updates I have noticed that the download of a new version is extremely slow. It is only a little more than 500 MB and it takes more than one hour. I have a reasonably fast connection and a new PC. It seems like something has happened lately. Could you give me a clue.

Best regards,

Dennis

Hi Dennis, the files are located on Amazon's servers on the east coast of America. If you're experiencing slow download speeds it may be worth contacting your ISP.

On 1/13/2021 at 10:24 AM, Mark Ingram said:

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: New features, performance, fixes
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post a new thread in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback. 

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Changes

• Fixed High Pass incorrectly applying to masks
  • Added Output Black Level to the Astrophotography Remove Background panel
  • Fixed Benchmark Run button enabling too soon 
  • Improved PDF import of alpha-only images
  • Removed Export Preview (it will come back later, with improvements)
  • Added OpenAsset integration (requires an existing OpenAsset account)
  • Fixed crashes relating to expanded groups in Layers panel
  • Fixed BMP loading for files with offset data
  • Enable PDF Passthrough
  • Fixed crash after clicking Texture panel in Brush Editor 

1.9.0.885 release notes

I just hope this release won't like crash like .885 which made me to not use AfSuite since it was installed on my desktop.
I live for Beta and I crave for it ... Please make it work!

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

13 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

Betas are for testing, you should definitely expect them to crash 🙂

crash is proff of love but not too much crashes ... 😅😅

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

21 hours ago, Linslusen said:

and it takes more than one hour.

For me it currently says it takes two days!

I know it is not supposed to be their server. But this has been a problem since the last couple of betas. I never experienced this in the last years (but after Brexit. I doubt there is a relation...?)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• Staff
3 minutes ago, dominik said:

For me it currently says it takes two days!

I know it is not supposed to be their server. But this has been a problem since the last couple of betas. I never experienced this in the last years (but after Brexit. I doubt there is a relation...?)

d.

I'm updating on my personal machine at the moment and I'm 20 mins in with 20 mins left. It usually takes a minute or two. It's definitely the server playing up as it was fine on my work one earlier.

5 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I'm updating on my personal machine at the moment and I'm 20 mins in with 20 mins left. It usually takes a minute or two. It's definitely the server playing up as it was fine on my work one earlier.

Thanks for confirming this. I just double checked and downloaded a random 180 MB file from some other site. It took about 20 seconds. I think this proofes that it is not my ISP.

I sincerely hope this gets sorted out 🙂

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

1 hour ago, dominik said:

Thanks for confirming this. I just double checked and downloaded a random 180 MB file from some other site. It took about 20 seconds. I think this proofes that it is not my ISP.

I sincerely hope this gets sorted out 🙂

d.

It depends where that "random 180 MB file" was located. Our beta files are hosted on the east coast of America. For reference, I just downloaded the latest beta at the top of this post in 3 minutes on my home (100MB) connection.

8 hours ago, dominik said:

对我来说, 它目前说它需要两天!

我知道这不应该是他们的服务器。但自从最近几个测试版以来,这一直是个问题。我这几年从未经历过(但英国脱欧后)。我怀疑有关系...?)

D。

I'm in China and it only takes 5 minutes to download.

9 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

It depends where that "random 180 MB file" was located. Our beta files are hosted on the east coast of America. For reference, I just downloaded the latest beta at the top of this post in 3 minutes on my home (100MB) connection.

Thanks for the comparison. It's obviously some hiccup somewhere inbetween. BTW, the files downloaded over night.

d.

A few kilometers further to the East in Denmark I downloaded the betas several times this week - on two machines - each time with the usual speed (fast).

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

On 1/14/2021 at 10:28 AM, Mark Ingram said:

Hi Dennis, the files are located on Amazon's servers on the east coast of America. If you're experiencing slow download speeds it may be worth contacting your ISP.

Hi again Mark and thanks for y rapid answer. i don't know what's going on on the US east coast these days, but I just took down a free version of ACDSee to test. The file was 164 MB and the download took about 18 seconds. I don't think there is anything wrong with my connection, so you should maybe check with your server provider.

Best regards,

Dennis

17 hours ago, Linslusen said:

Hi again Mark and thanks for y rapid answer. i don't know what's going on on the US east coast these days, but I just took down a free version of ACDSee to test. The file was 164 MB and the download took about 18 seconds. I don't think there is anything wrong with my connection, so you should maybe check with your server provider.

Best regards,

Dennis

Thanks Dennis - our server provider is Amazon, and they have no issues.

Was ACDSee also hosted with Amazon on the east coast?