You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

existing documents printing off-centre

ucprint

I found several posts over the last 3 or 4 years describing similar behaviour, but haven't found a solution. Posting here to hopefully nail whatever is causing this issue.

Setup:

Windows 10
Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703
Epson surecolor P-9560 (aka 9500 9570 in other regions)
Printing from driver

I'm trying to print images that are set up to the exact dimension of the physical media (cut sheets). The source image is a TIFF file, which is opened in AP, resized with margins added and resampled to 300ppi. After going through the driver and print dialog, the image is printed off centre (preview attached). It looks like the image is also smaller than it should be, as there's about an additional 10-15mm being added on the right. I print frequently from photoshop and am confident that the settings are correct, and confirmed that the driver is functioning properly using other software.

Things that do not change the result:
- working from different source files
- rasterisation. There are no pixels 'hidden' behind the workspace. There is just a single pixel layer set up to the exact dimension required.
- any settings in the Epson driver, including margin centering option, enlargement optimisation etc
- changing the size in Affinity print dialog between 'defined by driver' and the exact print size
- changing media type
- different media sizes between A4, A3, A2
- changing media end margins (this would potentially push the print along the opposite axis to the shift that's occurring anyway)
- setting up a file the same way in Photoshop, then opening in AP to print. Tried multiple file formats, all produce the same result

What does work: I tried creating a new document in AP and drawing a rectangle shape. When reproducing the above settings, it prints just fine. Exactly centred. Saving the rasterised file and re-opening it works fine.

Screenshot 2021-01-13 12.55.08.png

Screenshot 2021-01-13 12.55.34.png

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

I think you showed us the settings in the driver ("Printer Settings"), but did not show us the Print dialog settings in Affinity Photo. Those would help.

Also, since you have one file that works correctly, and one that does not, it might help if you gave us both .afphoto files.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1