You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] Γ—

Designer and Publisher crashing on export πŸ˜’

Here's a link to a Loom video which shows what keeps happening -Β https://www.loom.com/share/16629f7c44aa40b2bea5012f9a190f4c

This is very frustrating as I am trying to export some brand assets. It's holding my work and client work back. Please try find a fix.

I complained about this happening in Publisher a few days back, link here:Β 

We thought the problem was the font but as you can see in the above video that is not the case.Β 

• Staff

Hi Niall123492Β 

Could you upload a copy of the file that is failing to export,Β the fonts used in the document and finally a PDFLib log. To get this log it you need to enable it by following the steps below. I've also created a dropbox link to allow you to upload your contents to our internal Dropbox account.
https://www.dropbox.com/request/SPxoNX72fYwjqFdvGrqt
Β 

Thanks,

• Staff

Once you've created that C:\Temp folder and then run the PDFLibLogging.reg file, every time you export a PDF it will generate a file called PDFLibLog.txt in C:\Temp. This log will help us identify what the cause could be. Ensure you've also created the Temp folder, otherwise you won't get any file generated.

Once you've got that file could you attach the files, the fonts they use and the PDFLibLog to the Dropbox link above please?

After you've got this information you can run the second reg file to remove the information from the registry to turn off the logging (and delete the C:\temp folder if you had to create it).

• Staff

Hi Nial123492,

Thank you very much for the files. I can confirm it is indeed being caused by the Montreux fonts. Specifically these ones:

• Montreux Classic ExtraBold
  • Montreux Classic Black Italic
  • Montreux Classic Soft ExtraBold Italic
  • Montreux Grotesk ExtraBold
  • Montreux Grotesk Black Italic
  • Montreux Jazz ExtraBold
  • Montreux Jazz Soft Extrabold

I'll get this passed over to development to be fixed. In the meantime you would be best to avoid using those specific fonts. If you go into Publisher's Font Manager you can see which fonts each document uses and also use it to locate them in your document. I think you may also use the Find & Replace feature to bulk change these on larger documents.
Β