You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Error on exporting to PDF from Designer on macOS Big Sur 11.2

When exporting to a PDF I get the error "An error has occurred while exporting to:/Users/kaz/Desktop/Day and Hour.pdf. It doesn't matter where I try to save it I get the same error with the corresponding directory info. All other file export types work correctly. Computer/OS information in images.

585753265_ScreenShot2021-01-12at12_28_56PM.png.f83e8a6ed01a4e477f65c95ddb6a541e.png

1100278962_ScreenShot2021-01-12at12_32_55PM.png.4f2c611f5d313e2408c8eca46fbbe082.png

Edited by Fistful Of Dave
Clarification of application

• Staff

Hi @Fistful Of Dave and Welcome to the Forums,

It will likely be something in the file causing this crash.  If you can enable PDF logging as outlined on this link then try the export again and this will generate a log file letting us know whats happening.  If you can then attach the log file here, i'll be happy to help further.

Also it would be worthing creating a copy of your .afpub file and try exporting that copy in the latest beta which you can get from here. But please do create a copy of your afpub file 1st as files that are saved in a beta, can't be opened in the release version :) 

I was messing around last night with a different document as I wanted to change the size and, bam!, it exported to PDF. So the file  was the issue, This is what I get for not doing any print design for a long time, I forget how to fix issues as I had similar issues with InDesign and Quark in the past. Damn web ;). 

Thanks for the help.