You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity publisher crash when using photo persona and mesh warp tool

Alasdair

Hi 

A little about my setup: I own Affinity photo, publisher and designer. The Programmes are running on a Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 with 32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 and 1Tb solid state 

I am working through the Affinity publisher workbook and I am currently working through the Professional Projects ( Root Box Brochure ) and I am applying the root box logo to the cardboard box. Now I've gone off book here, but I wanted to make the logo look as if it was printed on the box and therefore I need to apply a little perspective to the image. 

So I've selected the photo persona and then gone to the mesh warp tool, which when selected, as soon as I place my cursor on the corner of the logo and click - the whole affinity package crashes. I might be asking for too much, or doing something wrong, but I would appreciate feedback!

183402949_Screenshot2021-01-12at10_37_39.png.6461e8d3f65c9ed80c5cba12e22f83e6.png

Hi @Alasdair Sorry to hear you are experiencing crashing. I loaded up Publisher, selected the photo persona and then the mesh warp tool and wasn't able to recreate the crash so I am obviously missing something or some steps.

Do you know if the crash is document specific or if it causes a crash on any document? Would you be able to zip up your document and all the assets it uses and upload it here so I can take a closer look please? Is it also possible for you to upload a video of the issue so I know what steps I need to take to reproduce it?