You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What the f**k is happening with your selections

I’m sick of APPLE’S KEYNOTE doing a BETTER JOB at simple black and white selections than your app. FIX this. Seriously, it’s really really funny at this point. I have to pay an extra $9.99 every month to Adobe just to use Photoshop refine edge.

I’ve already posted numerous times about this and was told “mY iMaGes aRe LoW reSoLutioN so tHat’s wHy”. well the issue seems like your software has NO detect edges capability.

not to mention when i work 10 hours on a single high-megapixel selection painting it by hand, and you want to refine just ONE inch, you press refine and the F**king app overwrites your W H O L E SELECTION with this crappy job and now you gotta do it all over again. WHO’S idea was to implement that.

No, i don’t have feather on. This is what the app always outouts on ANY problematic edge. This is crazy, it’s a WHITE BACKGROUND07470F62-C06A-40E4-9E5E-4542D93EE683.thumb.png.013d53f207005d7f67cab6a84d11a53d.png

Hackintosh running Big Sur 11.2.3, Coffe Lake i3 with UHD630 graphics

MacBook (Early 2015) running macOS Mojave

iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation) running iPadOS 13.5

Vista PC in the attic 

Like HOW is there a gray blob of crap next to the pencil, i don’t understand this, isn’t it like r e a l l y easy to figure out the selection? is there not enough contrast? its like black and white… when i turn the smoothing to 0, feather to 0, everything to zero, i expect to get a “refined” selection result that looks INDISTINGUISHABLE from the original non-refined selection. when everything is turned to 0, it looks like this. well i guess not everything is turned to zero then.

and where is the contrast control? your refine engine seems to have so much feathering…in other apps this would happen very rarely and i could just increase the contrast if it ever did. please please please please please please please please please please bring “contrast” to the app

3136981D-4B87-4FA1-B883-063DA5BC8C5C.png

B31F42EC-7AF7-491D-B318-E92D0F9AD782.png

Hackintosh running Big Sur 11.2.3, Coffe Lake i3 with UHD630 graphics

MacBook (Early 2015) running macOS Mojave

iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation) running iPadOS 13.5

Vista PC in the attic