You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Solved] 1.9.0.885/891 doesn't start on Windows 10 Enterprise N (20H2)

• Staff
22 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

This is a Windows topic, Uncle Mez, about a specific problem on Windows with the Windows beta versions of Affinity. I don't think anything in it is relevant to you on a Mac.

(Despite his Sig), Uncle Mez posts about Windows betas a lot 

@Uncle Mez, If you have this particular problem where Windows N cannot even run up the current Photo and Designer beta then yes it will be fixed, but I do not think you have posted about this particular problem, as you talk about it crashing while being used 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

2 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

This is a Windows topic, Uncle Mez, about a specific problem on Windows with the Windows beta versions of Affinity. I don't think anything in it is relevant to you on a Mac.

I'm on PC with Windows 10 20H2
Just didn't update my profile since my Mac dropped dead.

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

2 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

(Despite his Sig), Uncle Mez posts about Windows betas a lot 

@Uncle Mez, If you have this particular problem where Windows N cannot even run up the current Photo and Designer beta then yes it will be fixed, but I do not think you have posted about this particular problem, as you talk about it crashing while being used 

Sorry my mistake on precision.
I currently run the AfSuite on a Dell Precision T3500 with a Xeon CPU @2.8GHz + 12GiB of Ram + a Radeon HD 5450 @1GHz 
My previous intervention ( on another topic) was on release pre-891 which was slow and crashing a lot.
I upgraded manually to .891 and got that "not starting state of things" ... So because I'm constantly learning to keep me busy everyday (Yes i'm jobless for 6y now) ... I decided to roll back to stable release for everything AfDesigner and AfPhoto and keep some stuffs on Beta of AfPublisher which works no problem.

I know you'll get it fixed at some stage and we'll get it back on the right rails so.
Just believe I made things clear; i'll make room and change my signature/profile details.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience and the confusion caused.

Thanks.

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

I've just posted a new build, hopefully that should fix the problems you were experiencing.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/131487-affinity-designer-windows-customer-beta-190900-rc1/

Indeed fix - and with an elegant fix; thank you for investigating so thoroughly. 

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

BTW just installed the media pack and it "activated" timelapse export.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

5 minutes ago, Jowday said:

BTW just installed the media pack and it "activated" timelapse export.

Make it clear for me please ... what media pack?

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

3 minutes ago, Sam Neil said:

This is related to Windows OS not MAC. So if you are using MAC OS, it does not apply to you.

No more on Mac ... just need to clear my sighature rn

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

19 minutes ago, Uncle Mez said:

No more on Mac ... just need to clear my sighature rn

Oh OK in that case this applies to Windows 10 20H2 Enterprise N version with a media pack. - Not everyone will use this version of Windows. So the chances of Photo not running is small. However @jowday DID have this version which in short was causing issue that now Mark has fixed. 

1 minute ago, Sam Neil said:

Oh OK in that case this applies to Windows 10 20H2 Enterprise N version with a media pack. - Not everyone will use this version of Windows. So the chances of Photo not running is small. However @jowday DID have this version which in short was causing issue that now Mark has fixed. 

Well I'm asking because I want to make sure and not miss something 
So if there a pack to DL that will garanty I run issues free then please indicate me, never know what comes in days toward us.

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

1 hour ago, Uncle Mez said:

Make it clear for me please ... what media pack?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack

• Staff

Uncle Mez,

Whilst you have started you're on Windows I don't believe you've actually confirmed what version you're running. Can you type 'winver' in the Run dialog or Right Click the Start Button and go to System. You should be able to verify in their if you're running an N version of Windows. (See my screenshot below).

However if you just install version 1.9.0.900 and it should load for you. If you then go to Export as Timelapse you'll get a prompt warning that you don't have it. If you click the Yes to give you more information it will take you to the following post.

If you've installed 1.9.0.900 and still having problems then that is going to be a different issue we need to look into.

image (1).png

3 hours ago, Sean P said:

Uncle Mez,

Whilst you have started you're on Windows I don't believe you've actually confirmed what version you're running. Can you type 'winver' in the Run dialog or Right Click the Start Button and go to System. You should be able to verify in their if you're running an N version of Windows. (See my screenshot below).

However if you just install version 1.9.0.900 and it should load for you. If you then go to Export as Timelapse you'll get a prompt warning that you don't have it. If you click the Yes to give you more information it will take you to the following post.

If you've installed 1.9.0.900 and still having problems then that is going to be a different issue we need to look into.

image (1).png

it was sorted thank you...

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.