You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot open CR3 file on Photo 1.8.5.703

Hey Joachim, thank for the link.

The metadata in the JPG said Canon EOS R6, which is not in the list you sent through. This is interesting and new to me as this is the first time. It sounds very much that even files are with the same .cr3 extension but different cameras written them out differently?

5 minutes ago, kernelpanic said:

your list also have Canon R in it

Does not seem to be the same. Affinity Photo uses libraw and is dependent on their work, but on the libraw website I found this statement ...

Submitted on 3 December, 2020 - 11:18

EOS R5/R6 support is expected in next 'public snapshot'

I cannot speculate, when this public snapshot is released and / or incorporated in APhoto.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

I have a similar problem, not that Affinity not will open the file, but it is showing the affinity icon instead of a picture Icon when it opens the file folder.

Maybe is it a windows problem as Windows also does not recognize CR3 files as image files? And there is no problems with CR2 files from Canon 7D

I have Canon R and is using Windows 10 and Affinity  1.8.5.703

Best regards

Helge 

image.png

On 1/11/2021 at 10:03 AM, kernelpanic said:

Hi all,

I have the above version of Photo installed on my Windows 10 laptop but I still cannot open the CR3 file. Am I missing anything here?

image.png.af2e1387dfc101e0b031a587a96aaf70.png

Cheers,

Tung

Hi All,

I have found a solution regarding the problem: Go to Microsoft Store and search for raw file image, install the app and restart the PC

I attach a picture from the Danish Microsoft store, be aware that you have to have the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (Version 1903) installed before installing this app!

After installing I can now see the thumbnails in Windows and in Affinity

Best regards

Helge   

image.png