You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This afternoon my Affinity Photo (on Windows pc) 1.8.5.703 crashed upon loading a recent upload of brushes.  After restarting the program all brush categories were removed except the default brushes.  I reloaded the downloaded brush set to find that I could not paint with brushes on a pixel layer, but, I could paint on an image pixel layer(photo).  My updated Beta has no issues nor does Designer.   Not looking to reinstall as I have not finished backing up all of my settings.  This one is my first crash loss of any major kind and non functioning brush pixel layer.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Callum , I had to take a couple days off after finishing backing up all settings, adjustments, etc.  I have been working with Beta since and found an HSL problem in the calculation of HSL angle...(*this self corrected tonight, somehow...?)

Here is a screen shot of my window with screenshot as layer with paintbrush working on image layer and no brush or paint on Pixel layer(should be a large black dot over most of image).  I had no problems of any kind previous to the "brush load crash reset".   I assume a clean reinstall is in order.  - thanks, TV

nopaintbrushonpixellayer.thumb.jpg.5c7d63798355159b86d049c23b26076e.jpg

Edited by T V
corrections - update