You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why has exporting to eps suddenly becoming a problem?

I don't seem be able to export eps files without problems anymore. I now have to manually expand lines and convert AD shapes to curves. I have to find these workarounds by trial and error. These eps file are being imported into Apple's Keynote. There are no gradients or special effects applied to this file. Just lines and shapes.

1. When I export the whole document it is transparent, the pistons and cylinder show but the bounding box is HUUUUGE and there are many selection problems with many eps files on a  page

2. If I export without the background the cylinders and pistons do not show, the whole engine is black

3. I have attached the AD file and an image of the eps as all black. The black image is how apple sees it in the finder and how keynote imports it

4. Is there a resource that explains all these back room rules? I've never had any issues whatsoever with AI and exporting eps files and I am not a programmer so I do not understand all the under-the-hood programming rules on how software is supposed to work. Sorry but I am a graphic designer and not an engineer.

TIA

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 5.47.23 PM.png

GM-Winton 16-278A V-16.afdesign

I modified your file a little, not sure if it is what you want. I am puzzled by the outline curve that has no stroke and no fill so I left that out, here are four EPS files and the modified designer document. Note how I grouped and clipped the block.

untitled folder.zip

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Ok, your "Entire.eps" works! Now what exactly did you do? I do see the layer with the crop tool. And the eps file is what I was doing in the past . . . taking the extra step to reduce the physical size of the original AD document so that the bounding box was small upon export. Do you know what is going on here? Again thanks.