You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dirty geometry

Was using the latest versions of designer beta on ipad and desktop and still getting crazy nodes and strange results when expanding, dividing and adding back together strokes to objects. This is such a crucial and universally needed set of functions. Anything I design in affinity designer, I need to copy over to illustrator to merge cleanly. Not a great long term solution. Blob tool and vector erase would also help. Another Boolean operation that acts the way Illustrator's merge tool does  would be appreciated. The current  "add" function in designer is more like the illustrator " unite" Boolean operation. Please serif!!!!!

D7EB6E36-496B-4A7D-B4A6-917AD5089C2D.png

I don't know where this is going... back to the subject.

If some improvements were made to solve this problem, it seems in some situations we end up with more nodes than needed. Different possibility as "add node" (in the middle of each segments) and simplify nodes (to reduce the numbers of nodes, keeping the curves), would be nice in the apps.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.