Patchwork

Paint Brush Tool in Pixel Persona Stopped Working

I opened Designer to just get in a quick sketch with the brilliant designer layout pencil/cartoon brush set someone uploaded a while ago, and the paint brush tool won't work.  It won't make a mark at all.  I can create boxes and and perform other tasks with other tools, and vector mode works perfectly, but no luck with the paint brush...Pretty disappointing, as I had a great idea I wanted to share online with a group when I woke up this morning, but no luck.  I messed with the brush size, hardness and tinkered with everything else.  No luck.  The cursor moves with my stylus (just using a tablet), but nothing.

Am I doing something wrong?  I upped the RAM limit and restarted, but it still won't work.

Could it be a problem with the brush set itself, even though it won't make a mark using the default/basic brushes either?

Not sure what to do...hope I can get a fix soon!!

Thanks!!!!

Well, are you speaking of the DAUB brushes by Paolo Limoncelli? They work fine here …  :unsure:

Could it be the case that you inadvertently disabled the Affinity Designer Assistant routine that creates a pixel layer for you when choosing a pixel brush in Pixel Persona? Are you sure you are trying to paint on a pixel layer? Sorry, maybe a dumb question …  :)

Cheers, Alex

post-1198-0-52415900-1442214696_thumb.png

Thanks, Alex!

....As a matter of fact, the assistant IS turned off, and it's greyed out, so I can't turn it back on.  Where can I find a way to toggle that?  I do remember it doing it for me automatically before, so that might just have been the thing!  I did as your thumbnail said there, and added a pixel layer, and that fixed the problem!  Thanks so much!!!

I have the same problem with the difference that I am painting on a pixel layer and the assistant is turned on... I can draw some how though... every opacity is on 100% and i am using affinity photo... Please Help :,(

For people who have similar problem this days with pixel brushes, like me, suggestion is to control your Protect Alpha checkbox. It must be Off. You can find it in the second upper line at the end of row. Happy painting!

Hi 

I have a vector image completed and wanted to add some fun to it with a celebration brush set I bought a while back. I created a pixel layer, opened the brush set and chose the brush, I selected the brush tool in pixel persona. The opacity and flow are both at 100% and the Protect Alpha is unchecked. The assistant is enabled. But nothing happens, the circle size brush doesn't want to increase in size either, I tried this several times and it reverts back to small. Not a major problem, but just saying. However, the brush will not add anything to the pixel layer. So I tried another set of brushes, just to test, but the same applies, nothing appears on the page. Please help.