You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

layers shift problems

Win 10 / Beta 1.0.9.885

Hi,

attached a simple file with a symbol, copied a hundres times.

If you try to move a layer (a symbol) from e.g. the middle (in the layer panel) up (direction to the top):

- sometime it works (the first time you open the file)
- sometimes (or from second time on trying again) it is not moveable (blue lines does not appear)
   here it seems, as long as you stay within the momentary visible field in the layer panel (moving up just 2,3 or 4 steps) it is ok. But as soon as the content of the layer panel itself is changing (running high to show higher layers now), the problem appears (blu line does not appear any longer).
- sometimes the layers running wild (cursor postion to move up 2 oder 3 steps, but layers are running up by itself)
- Setting the layer onto the top (first layer in stack), it's impossible (every time)

On another test I grouped all symbols. After, when trying to select a layer (in the layer panel) Designer vanishes consistantly (the symbols had a child element underneath it in that case). This happend every time.

Same file(s), made by retail version 1.8... do not show such failures.

Layers test 19.afdesign

• Staff

Hi design punch,

Unfortunately I'm not entirely sure of the exact issues you're seeing as I'm finding 1.8 and 1.9 to behave the same.

Are you able to get a screen recording (of the entire screen) showing the behaviour of both 1.8.(working correct) and 1.9 (working incorrectly) using the exact same file (it will need to be created in 1.8, and then opened in 1.9) and also attach the 1.8 file you've used please. It will allow me to help understand the issue a bit better.
Thanks,

Hi, Sean

sorry for delay,

I tested again with V 1.9.0.885 and the problems didn't disappear.
Now I installed newest V 1.9.0.891and the problems are gone. Lower layers can be placed anywhere now (as it should be) and the crashes didn't happen again.

Only minor thing which remains (use the afdesign-file above on V 891 now): In the layer panel you can not take any symbol out of the stack and move it to the very top (above all others). It does function
correctly with normal layers (elements etc.), but not with this symbols. You have to place it on position 2 and next move the very top layer down to position 2.

Thanks and regards

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.