You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Levels/curves with alt key

I’m quite close to stop using Adobe, but I’m still struggling with one thing I can’t find.

As a analog photographer, I scan my negatives  always as positive.

My workflow on Mac

- I use a curve to make the image positive. 

- Levels, for each color (RGB) I use the alt key to drag the sliders toward the point where the history just before complete black or white. In photoshop you can see this visible.

This does not seems to work in Affinity ... or am I missing this.

So is there a way to do this.

Thank you  

Holding Alt down as you adjust Levels works for me.  Sorry no it doesn't. Works on Master but not on individual RGBs

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Thanks for the quick response, well I’m going to start with the master and see how it goes from there.

Experiance has learned  me over the years, that there is always a subtle difference in each channel. And for me this is still the best way to convert a analog image and to have the ‘correct’ film look.

I’m going to ask for a feature request for this option. 

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi @AlexDres

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

13 hours ago, AlexDres said:

I found a solution to this problem. Set black levels at 1% or white at 99% in the master level and after that the alt key will work in the RGB.

Many thanks for providing a workaround for this and for the bug report - this certainly shouldn't need to be changed first so I will log this with our developers now!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 1 year later...
On 3/4/2021 at 10:03 AM, Dan C said:

Hi @AlexDres

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

Many thanks for providing a workaround for this and for the bug report - this certainly shouldn't need to be changed first so I will log this with our developers now!

Over a year on and this is still not fixed. Been forgotten?

• Staff

Welcome to the forums @mkqle :)

I can confirm this issue is still logged with our developers, I'll be sure to 'bump' this with the team to bring to their attention once again.

I hope this helps!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)