You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layer clippinng ;Reverse selection ;Selecting Brush Tool

clipping mask (shortcut Alt) ; reverse selection (Command + Shift + I) ;Selecting Brush Tool;Need to be better

Please update as soon as possible. thank you.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

clipping mask:

①There is no need to think about photoshop operation. The clipped layer above will be restricted by the original layer below. If I use affinity designer, I need to think about which layer to drag into which layer. I really don't want a software to make people think. 

②After using "Layer Cut", the original layer cannot be individually selected and adjusted.

This sketch is very useful, directly select the layer to modify.

③ps has the alt shortcut key. There are shortcut buttons on the toolbar above sketch.

④I want this feature.As shown in the figure, Sketch App .

The layers palette is clear and clean, not as complex as Affinity. The mask is at the bottom. Above is the layer that needs to be adjusted. It uses arrows to indicate relationships. “the layer of mask” and “the layer of rectangular ”can be individually selected and adjusted.

1129748637_2021-01-1317_06_38.png.0a04ff1bbb0676b08d11b69e752393e3.png

This feature is very important. Please update as soon as possible, thanks.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

reverse selection(Command + Shift + I):

Selecting the shape, reverse selection, is not what I want

1581706317_2021-01-1316_40_51.png.3199295d6b41d3a3a60020c15d4f272b.png

2106553608_2021-01-1316_40_43.png.039d389cf145e619f3da59e847f7bc36.png

Selecting Brush Tool (W):

Selecting the Brush Tool (W) is not as accurate as Photoshop

Sorry, but I have to vehemently disagree here. Affintiy's way of clipping layers by nesting them is so much more flexible and powerfull than in Photoshop. In Affinity's programs you can clip a shape by another shape, that's clipped by another shape, that's.... you get the point. This is really helpful when you need to be as flexible with your design as you can, especially when you work for clients. Clients do always want to change things, even when the artwork is actually finished. By using clipping hierarchies you can avoid destructive decissions when building up a design or illustration.

Photoshop on the other hand can handle only one clipping step. If you want to clip the clipping layer you have to construct nested layer groups with layer masks. A lot of burdon compared to Affintiy.

I think, Affinity's clipping concept is one of their strongest assets together with the mixture of vector and pixel layers. I don't know any software that can handle it this easy, either Photoshop, nor Illustrator, Clip Studio, Krita or Photoline.

Your second point is valid, I think. It would be nice to invert a vector selection in the Affintiy programs, too, similary to inverting a pixel selection. Thus, select all objects that were unselected and deselect all objects that were selected.