You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Assets tab for external links

Jip, I like those one click malware installers from unknown dubious sources too!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

11 hours ago, Paul Wild said:

Can we have an assets tab that we can create links to external resources ....add hyperlinks 

If you're truly meaning websites, I doubt that will happen, beyond what is currently available (or made available in the future) via the Stock panel.

Each external website has its own requirements for how a program accesses it, both for searching and file retrieval. And sometimes they require prior signup and an authorization key.

What you're proposing would, I think, require a panel that implements a pretty complete web browser within the Affinity applications, and I don't see that happening. Only Serif know for sure, of course.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Walt ...Ive set up a similar thing in my Publisher that allows hyper links within documents.... I created a assets tab for external links ...problem is to use them I have to drag it into a document then go through interactive to follow the link...works fine just thats its a pain ....but thats only possible in publisher and if Im in photo or designer i have to jump around or go direct through chrome.... just wondered if a better solution was available by adding the functionality
image.thumb.png.e66a5adcb4bcfab75350142356d75f17.png

I think that browser bookmarks are the appropriate solution for what you're doing, Paul, and that you will need to use a browser to access those external resources, anyway. But thanks for the clarification on what you were asking for.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1