You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tab selection defaults

This is rather annoying... in the Table panel every time I click a color swatch to change a stroke or fill, it ALWAYS defaults to the Color tab. I almost never use that Color tab so I always have to click Swatches. It would be great if Publisher remembered which tab you clicked last time and opened with that one selected instead of defaulting to Color every time. There's probably other places where this happens too.

147534043_ScreenShot2021-01-09at11_38_31AM.png.4e59502084023603dc7ceac89df5ebe2.png

On 1/9/2021 at 8:41 PM, Jeremy Bohn said:

There's probably other places where this happens too.

For instance the color well popup panels via Context Toolbar + via Character panel.

Additionally it would be useful to get in these Swatches popup panels...
... an additional list view option in all situations for swatch name overview (currently: some offer single tool-tip only, no list view)

334147135_swatchespopupnolistview.jpg.a2bf9404c4dfc9ceb3d272f3795413d4.jpg

... the auto-highlight feature for assigned swatches of selected objects working failurefree
as recently discussed/illustrated in this post + below:

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/11/2021 at 4:20 PM, Jeremy Bohn said:

I've also noticed in a few places you ONLY get the colors tab and no other tab. It's not consistent.

Yeah, there's something similar in Designer iPad where you don't get all the options - or at least I think this is what it does. There feels to be so many variations, I'm a big bog-eyed with it right now.

I'll post something on it soon. Got work to do tomorrow where I'll inevitably bump up against it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.