You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo on MAC with Logitech MX Master 3

Just bought the Logitech MX Keys and Master 3 Mouse for Mac from Logitech and they are great!

My apps have profiles I can load to have the scroll wheels function.

Affinity Photo and Publisher does not seem to have a profile unlike Photoshop.

Question,  does anyone know how I can assign the brush size to horizontal scroll wheel?  this would be very convenient.

Thanks

Hi and welcome!

That's probably not that easy since AFAIK the Logitech Options Software doesn't have any Affinity app profiles so far. - One would have to identify what button scan code that horizontal scroll wheel triggers (generates) when used and turned up/down. Then assign those to perform the desired Affinity based function actions (increase/decrease brush size), or remap them to perform the default [ key and ] key actions.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

See also: https://douile.github.io/logitech-toggle-keys/

You can try out that Logitech-toggle-keys generator (switch there to mouse) it's made in Lua (via a LUA API), that's initially meant to be for Logitech gaming devices, but I can imagine that Logitech doesn't always reinvent the wheel in terms of software support and thus maybe reuses the same API things (those written in LUA) for their common desktop series devices and accomplished software.

So it's possible (well it's just an assumption here from my side) that the Logitech Options Software might then too use LUA for their app profiles.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 7 months later...

What I did was to check which shortcuts in affinity are responsible for decreasing/increasing the brush.
In my case they are "[" and "]".
Then just create a profile in Logi Options for affinity and select the Keystroke assignment on the side roll and type in the characters you want.

Zrzut ekranu 2021-08-25 o 11.26.56.png

• 1 year later...
On 8/25/2021 at 10:27 AM, Adrian6 said:

What I did was to check which shortcuts in affinity are responsible for decreasing/increasing the brush.
In my case they are "[" and "]".
Then just create a profile in Logi Options for affinity and select the Keystroke assignment on the side roll and type in the characters you want.

Zrzut ekranu 2021-08-25 o 11.26.56.png

Heya, how did you get to creating custom macros in Options+? Or is Logitech Options yet another app?

I have an MX Master 3S and it requires Options+ to customise commands, but it only offers premade ones that don't match, and it apparently has no support for custom macros.

Hello,

I am also considering the Logitech MX Keys keyboard and the Logitech Master 3s mouse for Mac
should buy. At the moment I'm still using the Apple Magic Mouse with battery.

Is the Logitech mouse much better than the Apple mouse? And how long does the battery of the Logotech mouse last?

I would be very happy about some information. Many Thanks.

--
Apple 2020 Mac Mini M1 Chip (16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD)
Affinity V2 Universallizenz 2.3.1 + always latest beta

1 hour ago, deepblue said:

Hello,

I am also considering the Logitech MX Keys keyboard and the Logitech Master 3s mouse for Mac
should buy. At the moment I'm still using the Apple Magic Mouse with battery.

Is the Logitech mouse much better than the Apple mouse? And how long does the battery of the Logotech mouse last?

I would be very happy about some information. Many Thanks.

I had a Magic Mouse, loved it. Decided to try MX Master 3S, NOT for Mac, regular one (black). Works incredibly well. My wrist is much happier, and the scroll wheel is best in class. Software is great, you can customize all the buttons. Works on Mac and iPad no problem, although on iPadOS it’s a basic mouse, as I haven’t see any apps from Logitech for iPadOS.

In conclusion, I LOVE it, not sure what’s different in the Mac version other than color….

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17