You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Permission denied when trying to add a PNG file on Mac - never had this issue before

I am trying to place a PNG file to my template but it is saying permission denied. Please see screenshot below. I have been using Affinity photo on my Mac for several months, every single day and have never experienced this problem before, it just happened today for the first time.

Yesterday all was still fine.

Kindly advise if anyone knows how to fix it and where...

Alisha

Screenshot_2021-01-08_at_12_03_41.png

• Staff

@Alishavdw

Welcome to the forums.

This message indicates the app isn't being given access to that location to load the image. Is the image stored locally or externally? Have you tried placing any other images into the document from another location such as the desktop to see if the same occurs.

Hi Lee, 

Thanks for responding.

Yess I moved the image to the desktop after reading some previous issues like this on the forum and the same issue happened. I didn't change anything or any settings, it was working fine the day before and then the next morning didn't want to work.

Doesn't want to allow me to add any images.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi there!

Thanks for the response. I also did that and it worked immediately, however, about last week it started giving the same problem again even while it still had full access, so annoying! I basically had to close and open the program the whole time and try again and it would work every now and then. Its becoming such a frustration I actually would not recommend anyone buying Affinity programs.

The support from their side is ZERO!