You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

page rotates automatically in Affinity Designer 1.9

Hi there,

I just installed the current beta version of Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.9.0.13).
About my system: Apple Mac Mini (mid 2010) with the operating system: macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

The problem with the current beta is that when I press the option key and turn the scroll wheel on the Mighty Mouse, the entire page rotates automatically in Affinity Designer.

Is that a bug or a special feature?

Many greetings and thanks

Mark

--
Apple 2020 Mac Mini M1 Chip (16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD)
Affinity V2 Universallizenz 2.3.1 + always latest beta

6 minutes ago, deepblue said:

Is that a bug or a special feature?

Welcome to the Affinity forums @deepblue! Feature. Holding the option key rotates the canvas. Holding additionally the Control key, the canvas is rotated in 10° steps.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

@Joachim_L

Thank you for this information. OK, this feature is new since version 1.9.
Unfortunately, I don't want to turn the page. It happens very quickly and the page is rotating.
You can then no longer undo this rotation.

This function is sometimes not that optimal.

How can I undo a page that has been rotated?

--

I was able to solve my problem with your answer. Thank you for your quick help 😃

I switched from Adobe Illustrator to Affinity Designer. I'm really surprised how well and quickly the Affinity Designer works. Thanks!

Edited by deepblue

--

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.