You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

created a vector logo I need to export it to another vector format. It has only vector elements in it. It is all vector curves and text. 

The issue that I am having is that the the main icon keeps rasterizing after export to EPS or PDF and other vector format. When I open it back up in Affinity Designer the part with the main icon is reterized. The text is fine. It does not have any effects, it is all made up in Affinity Designer in curves. 

Can you please help me?

Thank you!

Loga.png

If you are using a Brush to get that textured line that may be the issue, Affinity Designer vector brushes are a raster image on a vector curve so more of a hybrid brush than a true vector brush.

Is there a possibility you can upload a sample afdesign file for us to look at?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Thank you for your response. I've used the pen tool to make the lines inside of the circle and as for the circle itself I used the ellipse tool with one of the brushes and the additional lines are curves from my ipad. Those does not resterize, only the circle with the icon.

Does it mean it can't be exported then? How can I remake it to be able to export it as a vector file after? 

Sure, here is the afdesign file. 

Thank you for your time.

ČKMA.afdesign

OK, the issue with rasterisation is the Erase Blend mode you have these curves set to...

image.png.834fc8647cf7c25b6368c2c245827fbb.png

I think you've overcomplicated the central part of the logo and need to simplify it, the easiest way would be to trace around the outer edge and then make two shapes to subtract to make the inner parts.

This has no layer blend modes, and no masks just a pure vector curves layer for the shape, much simpler.

image.png.263c1dc55423783ecbc52e397c6df3d4.png

Replace all of the internal shapes with the one I've made.
ÄKMA edited.afdesign

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

26 minutes ago, Dominika Dérerová said:

Is it because I used the brush on an elipse?

You used a raster brush on the circle so it gets rasterised on export, but you can make this without any raster element e.g. out of a pie and a circle.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

3 hours ago, Joachim_L said:

You used a raster brush on the circle so it gets rasterised on export, but you can make this without any raster element e.g. out of a pie and a circle.

Or using a proper vector brush - yes Affinity vector brushes are very confusing as most are just vector paths with assigned raster PNGs which follow the path - hopefully at some point in the not too distant future we will get "vector brushes" then the other "not vector" brushes could be under something like "path brushes" or something - see screen grab:

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

2 hours ago, Dominika Dérerová said:

I'm sorry I'm a real amateur. Can you show me how to do that?

No need to apologize. E.g. stacking a white circle on a black circle or stacking a white circle on a pie element comes quite close to what you have done.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Another method to create the crescent.

3 hours ago, anon2 said:

How about "Phoney Brushes" or "Ersatz Brushes"?

Pretend Vector Brushes - menu name = PV Brushes

Dangerous Vector Brushes - menu name = DV Brushes

Just A Little Bit Arse Over Tit Vector Brushes - menu name = JALBAOT Brushes

A Bit Like Vector But Not Vector Brushes - menu name = ABLVBNV Brushes

Do Not Use These Vector Brushes If You Want To Create Vector Artwork Brushes - menu name = DNUTVBIYWTCVA Brushes (my fav)

Of course we'd have to have a name that reflects true Vector brushes:- Definitely, totally Proper, Completely Safe Vector Brushes - menu name = DTPCSV Brushes

Or even DTP brushes 👍 Definitely, Totally Proper  

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

www.bingercreative.co.uk

2 hours ago, firstdefence said:

Another method to create the crescent.

Yes definitely the best method 👍

Daz1.png

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Almost Vector unfortunately Not There Yet= AVUNTY Brushes

Remove A Raster Element  = RARE Brushes

KOIYALD Brushes = Keep Off If You're A Logo Designer

ALDI Brushes = Ace Logo Designer Instrument 

Lidl Brushes = Lousy If Designing Logos

Vector Brushes = Virtual Effect Centered Towards Organic Raster (current)

Vector Brushes = Very Effective Curve Type Of-infinite Resize

Daz1.png

www.bingercreative.co.uk