You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've noticed a few issues surrounding problems with Global Colours and I'm not sure if my problem is part of that so I thought I'd ask.

I've been provided with a PDF that I have to modify where the original design uses a pink colour for a white overlay. It is included in the PDF as a spot colour and appears in the Colour panel as below:

image.png.41a3b5c6119e448da94ca62ee851532a.png

For the mock-ups I'm doing need to change this to pure white. In the past, when I've originated the artwork this has been a simple matter of editing the single spot colour and everywhere it is used it changes. This appears not to work here.

First, I can't find the palette in which this spot colour resides and second, clicking the Edit Global Colour button and changing the colour appears to have no effect.

Am I missing something?

Thanks @Lagarto for the details instructions.

I have been experimenting since posting and I ended up doing what you have suggested to get to the point where things worked as I expected. I now have something I can use for the pre-visualisations.

Hopefully this will be fixed in a future release. 

Kind regards

6 minutes ago, Lagarto said:

... but when editing the assigned global spot color, the change is reflected in all objects where the color has been assigned).

That was my original expectation. If this works with an IDML file and the PDF import sets things up like this (to give the impression it would work as a Global) then hopefully there is code in the app that can make this work correctly and it just needs a little TLC to get it across the line.

I reckon it would be really cool if there was a preference tick box to force globals by default - just imagine how much time could be saved - default globals would also make it less confusing for people aiming to switch from InDesign - having it as a tick box would let people who love the current way colour works in affinity, but for me, I can't imagine a scenario where i'd ever switch it off 

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk