You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Ah yes, I have this working on paths I have made using the pen tool, but I cant seam to get it working on circles made with the shape tool?

You need to convert the shape to outlines before manipulating the points. The 'Convert to curves' button is on the select tool context toolbar but also available in the Layer menu. The next update will also have the button available on the shape context toolbars.

Points can be add with by simple clicks, not having to make double click... at least for me.

The 'Convert to curves' button is on the select tool context toolbar but also available Layer menu. The next update will also have the button available on the shape context toolbars.

Great news :) very useful! :)

By the way... when trying to modify the "arrows" (i think this is the name) of the nodes... sometimes the circles are so near that i accidentally move the position of the node... 

1z4hatw.png

would be great if there were any way (by, for example, using an additional key keeping pushed) to lock temporally the node's position and only be able to move the arrows... :)

Curves; pen and pencil tools the things I'm really not confident with and never use them. Yes, I know that this is one of the most powerful tools in the box. But I can't draw on paper any way, so I not getting the full benefit. How do I fix this? Any help appreciated.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

• 7 years later...
4 hours ago, chillywilly said:

Nevermind. In Illustrator it's the pen tool, but in Designer it's the node tool that adds a point.

While using the pen tool, you can hold down the command key (control key on windows) you can add nodes to the curve you have already drawn.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions