You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo und “flood” plug-in von flaming pear

The Mac versions work so I see no reason why the windows versions won't.

image.png.78ede1afde6aa50109bbe826b74e9b15.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Hi 

I’ve had flood 2 for some time but haven’t been able to use it due to the app not working properly. The app fires up within Photo but the image is all broken up. I’m now on Big Sur on Mac but I had the same problem on Catalina. I’ve tried many times to contact Flaming Pear via email from their website but have never had an answer. Have even written direct to their address, still no reply. So for the moment, I’ve given up. I am aware it did work in a previous os version if you made a selection first but it sure doesn’t now. Perhaps others may have had more success in contacting them.

34 minutes ago, Raymondo said:

Hi 

I’ve had flood 2 for some time but haven’t been able to use it due to the app not working properly. The app fires up within Photo but the image is all broken up. I’m now on Big Sur on Mac but I had the same problem on Catalina. I’ve tried many times to contact Flaming Pear via email from their website but have never had an answer. Have even written direct to their address, still no reply. So for the moment, I’ve given up. I am aware it did work in a previous os version if you made a selection first but it sure doesn’t now. Perhaps others may have had more success in contacting them.

BTW, he uses Windows not MacOS. I don't think he found your explanation usefull.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Hi

Exactly that doesn't help me. I am using Windows 10 64 bit version.
I realize that I am not alone with this problem.
All of my email attempts with Flaming Pear were also unsuccessful. I have written to her several times using her email address. I haven't even got a simple answer so far :(
I thought maybe it was because of Affinity Photo that it wasn't working. Yes runs under Photo Shop.

Best regards

Edited by Manu01

Install the latest beta version of Affinity Photo 1.9.0.885 and Flood 2 will work. Point Affinity Photo to the folder shown below and if the 8bf files aren't in there add them.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\{whatever version you have}\Plug-ins

IMG_4107.jpg.6edc368e1006c7e6a88de7b98dbc2e3d.jpg

Just got to stock my new lake with fish lol!

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Clearly the windows version appears to work now then but doesn’t work with latest Mac version 1.9.0.209. I would suspect Flaming Pear have not updated the app to work with Mac OS Catalina and Big Sur like other apps have done. Trouble is they don’t respond to feedback. For me it’s not a big deal as I don’t use it that much, it’s just annoying that it’s something you’ve bought and can’t use....that’s life.

Hi Raymondo, it was only the latest beta update that got it Working on windows so whatever the Affinity fairies did it was a positive move. I'm still on High Sierra 10.13.6 (HS) and after seeing everyone's troubles with Mojave I hung back then all the glitches with Catalina and honestly haven't needed to go further than High Sierra which helps because I find plugin creators slow to respond to changes. having said that plugin development ain't easy, I looked into creating one for a simple task and decided to learn how to knit fog instead as that was simple by comparison.

Hello everybody,
I am very happy for your quick answers! Thanks for that.

I am also happy that it is finally up and running with beta version 1.9.0.209. Kudos on my part to the developers!

Unfortunately I am not a computer freek so I prefer to wait for the officially released version of 1.9.
Thank you again for your support and best regards.

Stay healthy

Edited by Manu01

Thank you for your interest Raymondo.
You're right. I am using Windos 10 operating system.

Windows 10 is running in the picture with Sony laptop right?
See the lower task bar on the screen and the SONY logo.
Sony is not a Mac.
Hence my enthusiasm. Please correct me if I understand something incorrectly. I am just a simple user.
Edited by Manu01

7 hours ago, Manu01 said:

Thank you for your interest Raymondo.
You're right. I am using Windos 10 operating system.

Windows 10 is running in the picture with Sony laptop right?
See the lower task bar on the screen and the SONY logo.
Sony is not a Mac.
Hence my enthusiasm. Please correct me if I understand something incorrectly. I am just a simple user.

Yes, the Sony laptop is running Windows 10 Pro and as of now the latest Windows beta version of Affinity Photo (1.9.0.885) will run Flaming Pears Flood 2 Filter properly.

• 2 months later...

Hi evry Budy,
The time has come and I have installed the “Flood 2” plug-in under Windows 10 64Bit and Affinity Photo 1.9.1.979 as well as
the latest graphics card driver. Unfortunately, the result is far from perfect. Everything as in previous versions and not a bit different. What am I doing wrong?

Could someone help me? It would be great if Flood 2 finally came on.
Thanks in advance

Flood 2 1.jpg

Flood 2 2.jpg

Hi @Manu01 I don't think you are doing anything wrong per se, this is obviously a preview render issue of some sort and in all likelihood the problem will lie with Flaming Pear, I have contacted them about this issue via email so hopefully we can get a positive result.

In the meantime I wonder if anyone on Win10 has Flood2 working?

As I said earlier in this post, I have tried many times to contact Flaming Pear both by email and even tried sending a typed letter direct to their address. To date I have never received a reply which seems to be what others have found, maybe they have simply just given up support for this app, or maybe Flaming Pear entirely. Not being able to get any response out of them is frustrating. I used to think it was just me but I know many others have not been able to make contact. At the moment it's a useless piece of software.

Remember it was written for Photoshop not Affinity. Affinity can only do so much to mitigate incompatibility after that it’s all on the apps dev. 

Flood2 is Not functioning correctly in Affinity Photo on win10, but is fully functional in Affinity Photo on Mac. Your only solution at the moment is find an app it will run in like maybe gimp and apply the effect from there. 

That's actually not true, Flood 2 does not work on Mac properly either. App starts up and functions to some degree but the preview and end result is broken same as manu01 states...unless you know something I don't. I run on a 2017 27" imac with MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3. Are you saying you have it running ok on MacOS?

I’m on OS 10.14.6 and Flood2 is working for me.
I think this is most likely a Big Sur specific problem (possibly a Catalina one too?)
This sadly doesn’t help you Raymondo I know, but it dose seem this is something only fixable by Flaming Pear.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

Hello Affinity friends,
thank you for your cooperation with my problem. I look forward to every word from you, because then I know that it's not up to me, BUT:
I ask myself, how can it be that this app, as you can see on the post with the photo of SONY laptop in it, came about? Was that a joke?