You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dangerous change of DPI

32 minutes ago, Radovan said:

How can I export for example 72 DPI resolution JPG for WEB

Dots per inch (or pixels per inch) are irrelevant for Web pages. The pixel dimensions of the image are all that matters.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

OK. I don't want to argue why I need 72 DPI.
So, please, ignore my second question - is not so important as the first: Why changing DPI of document affects the size (zoom) of the linked resource?
I may also ask why does a DPI change only affect some linked resources and not others?

Edited by Radovan
bad translation (guess/argue)

Being able to select the export resolution, in the Export panel of all the apps, and in the Export persona would be usefull.
No need to do tests or calculate the new pixel size of the export to enter the result in the size fields.
Or to export at same size, and resize the resulting image later.

In ID, you can select the PPP when exporting, and it's useful when exporting book/magazine covers for different usages, no need to resize the whole document before each export.
Pixel size is usefull when asked for a specified one, but it's not aways needed.

indesign-tip-export-right-size7.png.94ad10b88a896040f50810cf9dd96cdc.png

That's exactly what I meant, I just wanted to save the developer a comparison with InDesign 🙂 and I'm waiting for the Affinity way of solving it.

20 minutes ago, Wosven said:

Being able to select the export resolution, in the Export panel of all the apps, and in the Export persona would be usefull.
No need to do tests or calculate the new pixel size of the export to enter the result in the size fields.
Or to export at same size, and resize the resulting image later.

In ID, you can select the PPP when exporting, and it's useful when exporting book/magazine covers for different usages, no need to resize the whole document before each export.
Pixel size is usefull when asked for a specified one, but it's not aways needed.

That's exactly what I meant, I just wanted to save the developer a comparison with InDesign 🙂 and I'm waiting for the Affinity way of solving it.

There are so many user cases when it's useful. Specifications came in various ways for different works, and such feature would be nice.
Today, we export for print, for web, and various images or/of selected pages to introduce or promote in adds or on the web. What can feel or look cluttered in a panel for a beginer can be a real time saver for experienced users.

• 2 weeks later...