You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Improvements and enhancements in the window appearance

Hello all,

I would like to make a few improvements and changes to the Appearance window, which are very helpful in Designer and Publisher and provide more options.

1. i would like to have the possibility to apply the effects, which are available as layer effects, also for contours and surfaces.

I would also like to be able to set the Overprint function separately for contours and areas, so that I have better control when I want to create graphics and layouts for the print area. This is a very important function to achieve certain results and effects. Currently, overprinting is only possible through a speziel applied color. This is not really helpful if you want to use one and the same color and in some cases you want to overprint areas and contours and in others not.

3) I miss the possibility to apply the functions to text layers. In the Adobe programs it is possible to do this without having to convert the text first.

I attach a few pictures of how I imagine the window looking.

I and other users would be happy if there could be these possibilities. Especially users who have previously worked with the programs from Adobe and other manufacturers.

Appearance.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an example, which refers to the point 3 concerning text. Here, unfortunately, I had to convert the text to paths so that I could create such an effect with contours. But I would like to be able to apply such a creative effect to editable texts, so that I can correct or change them later if necessary. This is possible in AI and would be an additional possibility for design and use in Designer.

Unbenannt.jpg

• 1 month later...

+1 from me too, this would be quite helpful. 

I was surprised to see the way overprint is handled today, which seems a little bit too complicated. If you want to change an object's colour, you will lose the overprinting, unless you remember to make a new, duplicate colour swatch that is set to overprint.