You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Improvements in creating and editing colors in the Swatches window

Hello all,

I would like to make a few improvements and changes to the Swatches window when creating and editing colors.

I noticed a long time ago that to create spot colors and global colors, you can only access these settings when you create them.

I think it would make more sense to have the settings for Global Color, Spot Color and Overprint not only when creating a color, but to find these settings under Edit Color, in order to be able to subsequently set the already existing colors with these properties. This is how I know it from Adobe Illustrator and other graphics programs and I find it much better.

I would remove the Overprint function here and move it to the Appearance window and make it selectable for contour as well as area. This is also possible in Adobe Illustrator.

Instead, I would then add the property Do Not Print, so that you can also create colors that you can apply to objects and contours, use them only as a display aid, as it is with the guides.

It would be really great if you could make this change.

I'm attaching a picture of how I envision it.

Swatches.jpg