You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Lightroom/Aperture style photo management program?

How about building an "Affinity Gallery Manager"?

On the photo editing mode, you have the technology / libs for such a tool.

It could offer Lightroom like "Affintity Photo-lite" quick retouching tools, cropping, etc, and could open in Affinity Photo seamlessly for more detailed changes.

But most importantly it will allow collecting, and cataloguing one's photos, share non-destructive versions of photos in different project folders, organizing and searching (by date, tag, score, metadata, location, etc), batch exporting for clients or web upload, etc.

Perhaps it could also work for cataloguing vector (Affinity Designer) images, and maybe Publisher files too.

Such a tool is needed, and Adobe and/or Capture One has the near monopoly.

Edited by hejazzman

A good way, and required by the rules of the forum, is to search for existing posts with a similar topic, or even a FAQ.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• 2 weeks later...

And yet…

You'll be pleased to know that a DAM is in our future plans and early work has begun, though there's no firm timescale yet for when it's likely to come to the market.

https://twitter.com/affinitybyserif/status/1320426984086884353

Incidentally, since Lightroom 6 has stopped working on my Mac, I'm in the market for an integrated DAM/RAW developer. My choice at the moment is to start paying Adobe rent again and pray each night for Affinity Darkroom, or drop several £100s on Capture One or something, and permanently commit my photo library to another format.  If Serif were a little more forthcoming with their roadmap outside of the odd Twitter reply to a stranger, it would sure help me decide! 🙄

Having said that, the decision is only difficult because the Affinity Suite is so good, an Affinity DAM might paradoxically be worth paying Adobe rent for a year, so I can't really complain!

This is much needed and would also love to see a posting here by Affinity rather than a twitter quote! It leads me to think that no one from the company reads these posts!

A full DAM would be nice, but just an internal file manager is critical for smooth editing/publishing and might even be brought to market sooner. My post from December 2020 has no answers so far, and that just adds to the thought that no one form Affinity reads these posts!

Internal Affinity File Manager

I am currently using Adobe Bridge (now free) because of its functionality and familiarity, but would much rather have a similar internal program for Photo, Publisher, etc.

6 hours ago, Roar said:

It leads me to think that no one from the company reads these posts!

6 hours ago, Roar said:

My post from December 2020 has no answers so far, and that just adds to the thought that no one form Affinity reads these posts!

As is well known, Serif does not respond to requests for functionality in most cases. After all, it is really useless to react repeatedly to the same requests, see also the link in the FAQ section in the previous post.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.