You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I made a lot of Guides to a master pages and realised later, I could also use them on another, already existing Master Page. Didn't find a way to copy & paste them (or transfer by another method).

Appreciate any help.

2021-01-05_20-39-31.thumb.png.3d1ff7401cb1e6cfbab494a33944b0bd.png

Roland Rick

Roland Rick Photography
Pipobike Mountainbike Guide and Driving Instructor

iMac 27 5K Retina (Late 2013), MBP 15" Retina (Something 2013), MBP13" Retina (Early 2015)

Both MP differ totally, so it is faster to add the guides again to the MP missing. The intention is to copy & paste the many many guide from a MP created later in a point of time to a MP without this many many guides, created in a earlier point in time. Anyway, thanks for reply :) No I know at least I must not search for longer. ;) 

57 minutes ago, Wosven said:

Hi @Roland Rick,

That's not possible, nor is possible to colour differently some guides to distinguish them.

But If you duplicate your master page, it'll keep the guides, and you'll be able to delete the frames and replace them by the ones of your master page without guides.

Roland Rick

Roland Rick Photography
Pipobike Mountainbike Guide and Driving Instructor

iMac 27 5K Retina (Late 2013), MBP 15" Retina (Something 2013), MBP13" Retina (Early 2015)

29 minutes ago, Roland Rick said:

Both MP differ totally, so it is faster to add the guides again to the MP missing.

I was afraid of this :S

I thought of another solution, like having a blank Master Page on which you add the guides, and to apply it to the other Master Pages.
It's perfect once applied to the other Master Pages, but the guides disappear once applied to pages. I'll report it as a bug.

• 1 year later...

I believe a solution might to be able to cut and paste actual guide numbers via the Guides Manager, This would allow one to pick and choose which guides to copy from and to various pages, master or not. Sounds easy, but this is probably and programming challenge. I find that often I do not know the guides I will be using until I am creating the doc, and then I can put them on a master page ... but then I have to taken them off the non-master page, and it gets complicated.