You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Editable PDF

this may have already be answered but I didn’t see it when I did a search. anyway my question is is there a recommended setting when exporting a pdf that would make the text editable for a client? I am using affinity designer for ipad. thank you for your help 😊 

• Staff

You have multiple presets available, PDF (for export) may be one to use. You also want to make sure that the font you're using is standard/default, basically a font that the other system would have available. Also check that you aren't applying any effects or adjustments to the fonts as when exporting to PDF these may cause the text to be rasterised.

This may be obvious, but your client will need software that can edit PDFs: Adobe Acrobat (not Reader), APub etc.
As long as the text isn't rasterized, flattened or converted to curves, it should be editable whatever the settings that you use. Although, as Lee D says, your if your client uses APub they will also have to have the fonts available that are used in the PDF, as APub can't use embedded fonts.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad