You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

@EmilyGoater, hmmmm, I now for 10 minutes everything, but I don't get this # field, nowhere. I am in Publisher 1.8.6 on Big Sur. Sometimes I ask myself, how such a field, expected to be available everywhere in menus and dialog boxes connected to colour functions, can be hidden that good, I even can't find it with the help of your screenshot. Btw: How can I add colours to that recent bar? I made also my own Application Swatches but somehow I am missing a lot of context sensitive right click menus offering "Add to Swatches" and so. Anyway, the dialog box of your screen shot I could not pop up, nowhere. 🙈 Maybe I'm stupid or so...

Roland Rick

Roland Rick Photography
Pipobike Mountainbike Guide and Driving Instructor

iMac 27 5K Retina (Late 2013), MBP 15" Retina (Something 2013), MBP13" Retina (Early 2015)

Good to know you are up to date software wise.

Interesting.

Just out of interest I'm attaching you a screen record of the steps to follow no audio I'm afraid. But if you could follow the steps and repeat them, if the options are not there could you please screen record and post back here.  

I think the problem is, that "RGB Hex Sliders" is not shown as default after a fresh installation. Apart from that, where is the benefit having two RGB sliders? E.g. entering R255 G0 B0 is #FF0000 in 8-bit and vice versa.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

18 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

I think the problem is, that "RGB Hex Sliders" is not shown as default after a fresh installation. Apart from that, where is the benefit having two RGB sliders? E.g. entering R255 G0 B0 is #FF0000 in 8-bit and vice versa.

Ah, OK - where do I find this to activate?

Roland Rick

Roland Rick Photography

iMac 27 5K Retina (Late 2013), MBP 15" Retina (Something 2013), MBP13" Retina (Early 2015)

3 minutes ago, Roland Rick said:

Ah, OK - where do I find this to activate?

You missed to doubleclick the colour in the Swatches panel. By doing so, you get another colour chooser overlay. From the pulldown in your case obviously currently reading "RGB Sliders" you have to pick "RGB Hex Sliders". Not very comfortable indeed.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

54 minutes ago, Roland Rick said:

@EmilyGoater I don't get this input field. Looks totally different at my site. 

I got your screen record thank you. Could you change to list view via your panel preferences which is in the top right of the swatches panel. Then could you do that screen recording again, but with you right clicking on the swatch you've added which will bring up a pop out menu. This time full screen record so I double check you're getting to where you need to.

Edited by EmilyGoater

7 hours ago, Joachim_L said:

You missed to doubleclick the colour in the Swatches panel. By doing so, you get another colour chooser overlay. From the pulldown in your case obviously currently reading "RGB Sliders" you have to pick "RGB Hex Sliders". Not very comfortable indeed.

Thanks @Joachim_L, I didn't get the double click in @EmilyGoater video. 

Roland Rick

Roland Rick Photography

• 1 year later...

Just to add. If the hex characters are being highlighted in red, it will still get applied. Affinity Designer on Mac just likes to highlight the hex characters in red for no reason other to confuse people it seems. Like most bugs it will take Affinity a year or two to fix it. 

1 minute ago, Greenalien said:

Like most bugs it will take Affinity a year or two to fix it. 

Someone is overly optimistic. [winking smiley face emoticon]

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

1 hour ago, Old Bruce said:

[winking smiley face emoticon]

Semicolon (optionally followed by a hyphen) followed by a closing parenthesis. ;-)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

20 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Semicolon (optionally followed by a hyphen) followed by a closing parenthesis.

Frequently equals a smudge. I prefer clarity. [bemused face that is pointing out that not all the emoticons/emojis in my head are available as emojis emoticon] 

And... I don't want to make a mistake about chocolate ice-cream. [actual chocolate ice-cream emoticon]

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

6 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

[bemused face that is pointing out that not all the emoticons/emojis in my head are available as emojis emoticon]

:D

6 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

[actual chocolate ice-cream emoticon]

rotfl.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)