Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.9.0.209)

On 1/7/2021 at 6:47 AM, Andrew Tang said:

The issue with having it built into the dialog forces it to be a fixed size, resizing will then affect the entire export dialog. As a separate window, you have complete control where it should be and what size it can be, or not shown at all. There's an argument to be said to have the preview window shown by default though.

Hi Andrew,

What I am suggesting is that the default behavior is image is displaced in the export window but have the ability to display in a separate window.  Whether this is the default behavior or not, to me this is not an issue.  Perhaps, it can be a configurable option to have it either default to displaying in the export window or in a separate window.

Take for example, someone working on a 13 inch display or even an iPad with limit screen real estate.  The ability to display this export previous in the same window will be great.  That doesn’t negate the requirement to display in a separate window with Zoom and panning features.

I hope that helps.

Nana

• Moderators

18 hours ago, Nana said:

What I am suggesting is that the default behavior is image is displaced in the export window but have the ability to display in a separate window.

This seems to be what a lot of people are saying. I really like the idea of having the option to use a 2nd display for the export preview.

On my dual-monitor Mac, all dialogs still open behind the tool panels on my secondary monitor. Tedious to have to move every dialog, every opened file, onto the other monitor.

If this is not where bug/non-implemented features go, please point me in the right direction.

• 2 months later...
On 1/11/2021 at 5:29 PM, spinhead said:

On my dual-monitor Mac, all dialogs still open behind the tool panels on my secondary monitor. Tedious to have to move every dialog, every opened file, onto the other monitor.

If this is not where bug/non-implemented features go, please point me in the right direction.

Same problem, I have always used second monitor for palettes with all graphics applications but going crazy trying to find a solution in AP

On 1/11/2021 at 10:29 AM, spinhead said:

Tedious as in, at least once a day, but usually a few times:

1. Open 20 documents.
  2. Click (mouse), move-window-shortcut (keyboard), click (mouse), move-window-shortcut (keyboard), click (mouse), move-window-shortcut (keyboard), click (mouse), move-window-shortcut (keyboard), click (mouse), move-window-shortcut (keyboard), click (mouse), move-window-shortcut (keyboard), click (mouse), move-window-shortcut (keyboard), click (mouse), move-window-shortcut (keyboard), click (mouse), move-window-shortcut (keyboard), click (mouse), move-window-shortcut (keyboard), click (mouse), move-window-shortcut (keyboard), click (mouse), move-window-shortcut (keyboard), click (mouse), move-window-shortcut (keyboard), click (mouse), move-window-shortcut (keyboard), click (mouse), move-window-shortcut (keyboard), click (mouse), move-window-shortcut (keyboard), click (mouse), move-window-shortcut (keyboard), click (mouse), move-window-shortcut (keyboard), click (mouse), move-window-shortcut (keyboard), click (mouse), move-window-shortcut (keyboard).

Also at least once a day:

1. Do something
  2. Wait for the dialog box.
  3. Wait more.
  4. Get tired of waiting and wonder what on earth is—
  5. Oh, there it is. On the other screen. Blending in with the tool palettes.
  6. Finish process.

I know that dual-monitor Mac users are a small subsection of overall users. I've had my mild rant so I'll be off to get something done now.