You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Several issues with new 1.9.0 beta

Fantastic! The registration worked perfectly. Just a few comments:

1. Margins are not working correctly with artboards. When you make a new document, then inside the document you make a few artboards, then go to guides>margins and you try to make some and it doesn’t work. 

2. it would be nice if you could delete an object with the “delete” key on the magic keyboard for ipad. Regarding the keyboard, to move objects quicker with the arrow keys, with the macOS version you can press SHIFT+arrows keys to move an object faster. It would be nice to have this implemented too!

3. in the pixel persona, in the brush tool, when you go to color at the bottom and select the eye dropper and try to select a color, the interface flashes at the bottom

4. how do you embed or link an image on ipad ?

5. The “check spelling while typing box” goes back to default every time you open the same document. It would be nice if it remembered the setting. Regarding spelling, it would be nice if affinity used automatic spelling based on the keyboard language you have turned on (global world key on the keyboard) like in the rest of iPadOS. Also, would it be possible to use the “|” cursor in text with the new cursor in iPadOS instead of the circle for text selection (like in the rest of iPadOS)? It would be amazing if more custom cursor elements appeared throughout, just like on macOS.

6. The package feature works perfect!! 

7. Would it be possible to have “paste without formatting” in the clipboard menu? Or in text options, remove formatting.

thanks,

Sven

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 5:55 PM, Sven Hebinck said:

Fantastic! The registration worked perfectly. Just a few comments:

1. Margins are not working correctly with artboards. When you make a new document, then inside the document you make a few artboards, then go to guides>margins and you try to make some and it doesn’t work. 

2. it would be nice if you could delete an object with the “delete” key on the magic keyboard for ipad. Regarding the keyboard, to move objects quicker with the arrow keys, with the macOS version you can press SHIFT+arrows keys to move an object faster. It would be nice to have this implemented too!

3. in the pixel persona, in the brush tool, when you go to color at the bottom and select the eye dropper and try to select a color, the interface flashes at the bottom

4. how do you embed or link an image on ipad ?

5. The “check spelling while typing box” goes back to default every time you open the same document. It would be nice if it remembered the setting. Regarding spelling, it would be nice if affinity used automatic spelling based on the keyboard language you have turned on (global world key on the keyboard) like in the rest of iPadOS. Also, would it be possible to use the “|” cursor in text with the new cursor in iPadOS instead of the circle for text selection (like in the rest of iPadOS)? It would be amazing if more custom cursor elements appeared throughout, just like on macOS.

6. The package feature works perfect!! 

7. Would it be possible to have “paste without formatting” in the clipboard menu? Or in text options, remove formatting.

thanks,

Sven

Great update!.

I agree with all request above. Margin on artboards is important for me. I do layout design with more than one page. Right now I have to create margins manually on every artboard.

I couldn’t find ways to link an image too. Can we also link documents? Like an SVG or .afdesign or .afphoto? That would be so helpful for complex big projects.

8. I don’t think this can be done in this update but, if it is still possible, please add split screen that support opening 2 affinity documents side by side. I need to copy or move things between documents without closing my current work and open it again.

thanks.

Afif

• Staff

Hi Sven Hebinck,

Thank you very much for your comments and reports!

1. This is a known issue that is already with development.
2. We're aware of a few issues with Backspace on the Magic Keyboard so I have also added this to the list and passed it on to development.
3. I'm getting this myself - it does seem to be a slight flicker of the shadow. I'll get this passed over.
4. The Image Placement options is an accidental inclusion from the desktop list of features. Currently its still not possible to do this, but it is with development to be added at somepoint.
5. This is a known issue that is already with development as well. 
6. Thanks - that is great to hear!
7. I'll pass this over to development as an improvement.

Beta 1.9.6 works very well, registration went smoothly. 

For item #3 in the list above it look like only the shadow of the box is flashing.

A feature I would like is zooming using the mouse wheel.

I appreciate your hard and good work, thanks.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.