You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Best way to insert pages in Publisher?

I have a book laid out and need to insert the foreword. I have tripped up in the past when trying to add new sections, so would like to ask the community's advice on the best and easiest method. 

I have everything else as it needs to be, all masters, TOC, everything. I simply need to insert some pages without screwing up the linked frames, sections, headers etc.

I'm not sure what you'll need to know about the way the book is set up, so please ask for any clarifications. Thanks.

I find that adding pages in pairs Before page 1 (if you have facing pages for the layout) and assigning None for a Master Page helps keep the rest of the book in order. Then assign the appropriate Master Page afterwards, perhaps make one for the forward.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

4 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

I find that adding pages in pairs Before page 1 (if you have facing pages for the layout) and assigning None for a Master Page helps keep the rest of the book in order. Then assign the appropriate Master Page afterwards, perhaps make one for the forward.

On 3/19/2020 at 1:01 PM, Old Bruce said:

Only if the book was done in Publisher, just make a new document and import the styles from the old one.

1257068627_ScreenShot2020-03-19at6_00_25AM.png.84e0a2c868ecd99e750304a051cc071d.png

I have everything else as it needs to be, all masters, TOC, everything. I simply need to insert some pages without screwing up the linked frames, sections, headers etc.

• Staff

The workflow suggested by @Old Bruce above should be fine, I'd also recommend adding a new section so that your foreword isn't part of your other sections and can be excluded from page numbering, if you have this already setup. After inserting it's worth checking the existing pages, just in case and it may be worth creating a backup of the file beforehand, again just in case.