You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

unable to use the selection brush tool and edit the selection

after selecting part of an image with selection brush tool while applying effects a ghost image is created on top of the selected image  and the effects are appearing on that part only. this was happening on landscapes where a cloudy sky was selected with a tree line below as border to edit the sky a ghost  image of the tree line was appearing at the centre of selection. i am attaching 2 pictures taken of the screen shot. in short i am unable to edit the selection. all edits are appearing on the ghost image created automatically. the raw file imported was taken using my nikon d7000 camera.

post-17642-0-63067300-1442041331_thumb.jpg

post-17642-0-40969600-1442041348_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Hi Triv,

Welcome to the Forums :)

Please could you attach one the files that has the ghost layer you are referring to. As this would allow me to investigate this further any files will be deleted once I have looked at them :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

please see the second attached thumbnail of the bird a bee eater. the ghost image is just above the head of the bird( an off white patch resembling body and tail of the bird). I can also upload the image, but the selection and the ghosting will be absent. I will try and recreate the same once again in a landscape shot and upload the file as its.

thanks for your reply to my post

i am editing my post the original image is 109 mb file. please inform how the file can be uploaded.

• Staff

If I do a crop after making a selection then go into the develop module I see that the effect does not impact the shown selected region but does alter ehat was the original intended selection. This seems to be slightly different to what you are seeing. If you can list the operations or show the history tab(s) when you see the problem that may help us narrow this down

• 3 weeks later...

just to say - you can use cmd + shift + 3 to create a screenshot or cmd + shift + 4 and drag you mouse to specify an area, or cmd + shift + 4 and then press the space bar and hover over a specific window and klick your mouse :) 

• 1 month later...