You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

17 hours ago, Alfred said:

Does this help at all, Thomas?

Thanks Alfred, it helps a little and seems to say that there aren't absolute standard terms. Also they seem to be used (occur only in) and depend on a specific font creation software, finally named differently for win vs. mac OS. Also (as Walt assumed) there seems to be no term for the vertical position of some glyphs, e.g. the overline, which gets placed above the "ascender". So it seems "height" or "font size" might be the only terms but vague. (... which feels strange to me in these technical and standardized times)

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Thanks @Lagarto and @OldBruce for testing. – After a bit of investigation I still get the position issue but wonder if it's possibly influenced by a system feature (or setting?) which conflicts with the Glyph panel. This feature offers easier usage of certain marks via a popup menu if I hold a character key pressed – whereas the insertion of the same marks via Glyph panel doesn't work correctly, and, additionally seems to confuse APub by changing the behavior of both the delete key + of a character key hold pressed.

546761232_combinedchar1-3.thumb.jpg.84a06e2e651355b44a17d1c9b174c92c.jpg

Pasting via Glyph panel here obviously pastes centered at the current cursor position – instead of centered to the last character:

1146076697_combinedchar2glyphpanel.jpg.ed64b4a269a9f19fca3a4e64ee1c2106.jpg

• Does anyone have an idea what might cause this behavior to me which occurs when using the glyph panel / how to avoid it?

Lagarto/Bruce,
• does the popup occur if you hold a certain character key pressed (e.g. a vowel)?
• after inserting via glyph panel: does the cursor still blink and the delete key work as usual?
• do you know of a specific macOS setting which might disturb APub's glyph panel usage?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1