You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting Assets for Animation?

BLUF:  How do you export SVG layers as a single file to then be imported into 2d animation software (Cavalry) so that each layer can be manipulated individually?

I'm new to 2d animation so please refer me to a previous post if the answer is already out there.  I am trying to find a way to export SVG assets from Affinity Designer to my 2d Animation App (Cavalry).  I'm assuming it would be similar to how you would do it with After Effects if anyone is familiar with that process.  I suspect it's somewhere in the export persona with slices but I can't seem to export the slices into a single file so that I can import it into Cavalry as it appears in Affinity Designer.  Any ideas?

• Staff

I suspect it will be partially down to how the other apps opens/imports the SVG file to know how it will display the layer information. In Affinity Designers Export dialog/persona those are all of the available options that the apps have available.

Have you tried copying and pasting from Designer into the other app as it may import the clipboard data differently.

• 2 weeks later...

Lee,

Thank you for the reply.  I asked the animation software forum and they added a feature that separates it after importing.  Thank you again for taking time to assist and hopefully this will help any other users who may be using this software.  Instructions below.

1. Import SVG file into Cavalry
2. Place SVG file into to composition
3. Select the SVG file in the Scene Window at the bottom
4. Go to the Shape drop down menu and select Separate
5. All layers should then be separated for individual manipulation  

Edited by Jack187

On 1/2/2021 at 2:18 PM, Jack187 said:

BLUF:  How do you export SVG layers as a single file to then be imported into 2d animation software (Cavalry) so that each layer can be manipulated individually?

I'm new to 2d animation so please refer me to a previous post if the answer is already out there.  I am trying to find a way to export SVG assets from Affinity Designer to my 2d Animation App (Cavalry).  I'm assuming it would be similar to how you would do it with After Effects if anyone is familiar with that process.  I suspect it's somewhere in the export persona with slices but I can't seem to export the slices into a single file so that I can import it into Cavalry as it appears in Affinity Designer.  Any ideas?

I've tried all the animations apps including Calvary but it decimates your imported file and removes your effects and deletes whole objects.

Petition

I found a petition to make Affinity Animator a thing! If you sign it and maybe we can move mountains.

timeline.png