You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP flattening problem

Hi,

I just want to report small bug. Very oftern when I'm trying to save JPG image after some work dialog window show up asking if I want to save the image flatten even if I flatten the image right before saving and there is only one pixel layer showing in layers tab.

(Win 10 - 19041.685, Ryzen 7 2700, 32GB ram, radeon RX 570 4GB)

Edited by NZezula

• Staff

Hi @NZezula,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
I'm having trouble reproducing this here. Do you have file that consistently behaves like you describe when you try to save it after a few changes (and flatten it in case you created/used more layers or layer effects etc)? Or an old file where you can still reproduce the issue?

• 3 months later...

Sorry that I did not repond in such a long time. Im posting here a printscreen of the problem (check history panel to see that flattening was the last thing I did). It hepens to me meybe in 30% of all images. I will try to reproduce it in work on diferent PC, but If no one else is having this problem them meybe its something wrong with my instalation. My curent version of AP is 1.9.2.1035.

Have a nice day

flaten problem.JPG

• 1 year later...

@MEB might be interested in seeing that file saved as a .afphoto file if that happens consistently.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

9 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

@MEB might be interested in seeing that file saved as a .afphoto file if that happens consistently.

good idea... I will save it as .afphoto as soon it happens again, but it is much rarer on mac os, or in the newer version of AP. (I went through 300 photos in last 2 days and it happened twice - back then it would be like 100+) 

• Staff

Hi @NZezula,
Are you using any third party app in the process at any point? Either to process the RAW file in other app and sent it to Affinity Photo or by using a plugin inside Photo etc? Please go to menu File and enable Save History With Document then save the file as an afphoto file. Here's an upload link you can use to send it to us to for inspection. Thanks for your support.

1 minute ago, MEB said:

Hi @NZezula,
Are you using any third party app in the process at any point? Either to process the RAW file in other app and sent it to Affinity Photo or by using a plugin etc?
upload link. Thanks for your support.

I was not back then, but now yes. I'm using XnViewMP to process .NEF to JPG (XnViewMP allows to do it as macro, and I don't need to spend that much time on those photos)

• 1 month later...