You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo - customize resize brush shortcuts for ALL brushes at once?

Hello,

I'm trying to redefine the keyboard shortcuts for brush resize (squadre brackes are a bit uncomfortable for me), it seems I have to redefine them separately for every different brush type.

Is there a way to change the shortcuts for all brushes at once?

I know I can also use Ctrl-Alt + mouse drag but it's very difficult for me dragging on one axis, so I often end up changing brush hardness too...

Thank you in advance,

Mario

• Staff

Hi @Mabian,

My sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, as we have been closed over the holidays!

With the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog open, please navigate to any of the brush tools - I used the Selection Brush Tool purely as this is the first brush tool listed.

Now, make sure to check Apply to all before changing the shortcut. 

image.png 

With this checkbox active, changing the Increase/Decrease size shortcut will also change any other instances of this shortcut, meaning you simply need to set the keys for one brush and all other brush tools should follow this change.

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!