You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.3.5.2)

• Staff

Purpose: Features / Improvements / Fixes 

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download: Here

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

Please Note: We will do our utmost to fix anything that emerges as quickly as possible, but we just wanted you to understand that for production work we would recommend using the Mac App Store version until this beta has been validated for a few weeks. There are no translations included with this beta version, sorry - we aim to get them back soon...

Notable changes:

- Fix for compatibility issues with OS X Lion and Mountain Lion

- Fix for PNG import issues

- Fix for Haze removal filter crashing when changing to a different layer

- Fix for dragging enclosure objects in the Layers panel (this was broken in last time’s beta, sorry)

- Many improvements to raster and vector export and options

- Added user-defined Rotation Centre to the tools

- Numerous PDF import and export improvements

- Tweaks to character and paragraph panels

- Expanded slightly on the Keyboard Shortcuts functionality

Thank you for custom rotation Centre and the size setting of the vector Brush tool in custom shortcuts.

Can you still a function for changing the opacity of the Vector Brush tool in custom keyboard shortcuts for more and make less? That would be very helpful for the Wheel-Panel at Wacom tablet. Many thanks!

OK. I know I am going to feel foolish for asking, but where is the Custom Rotation Center (Centre)?

I have looked through all of the command pull-downs without finding it. I have looked through all of the Studio Panels and did not find it. I tried the rotation commands thinking a new dialog might show up, but could not find it. I tried the Transform Panel, with no luck. I tried the help section but found no listing. I tried the crop tool thinking that since you could rotate using the crop tool, perhaps it was there. But it wasn't. I tried the filters, but could not find it (OK. But I was getting desperate by this point).

Is there some magic incantation you have to mutter first?

Where is it?

It's the little registration mark icon on the Context Tool bar of the Move/Arrow tool. But you have to have an object selected for it to appear.

OK. I know I am going to feel foolish for asking, but where is the Custom Rotation Center (Centre)?

I have looked through all of the command pull-downs without finding it. I have looked through all of the Studio Panels and did not find it. I tried the rotation commands thinking a new dialog might show up, but could not find it. I tried the Transform Panel, with no luck. I tried the help section but found no listing. I tried the crop tool thinking that since you could rotate using the crop tool, perhaps it was there. But it wasn't. I tried the filters, but could not find it (OK. But I was getting desperate by this point).

Is there some magic incantation you have to mutter first?

Where is it?

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

It's great to have Custom Keyboard Shortcuts working in Mountain Lion.  Thanks for fixing that, guys.  

Will there ever be Keyboard Shortcuts for the various Panels under Studio?  I've followed Miguel's suggestion and have them arranged in single drawers.  But it would be so much easier, faster, and smoother in terms of workflow to be able to enter a key command with my left hand and toggle the desired panel open full length.  I know that there are a limited number of keystrokes possible but I have 9 panels that I use most often and 9 number keys that I do not use at all. (Cmd/0, I do use.)  I would love the Option to assign those number keys to the Studio Panels that I use.  Any hopes of that?

Hi MikeFromMEsa,

It's located on the context toolbar (for Move, Node and Shape tools) when an object is selected.

attachicon.gifroation_center.jpg

Is this for regular digital images? Or only for special drawing objects? I am asking because, when processing a raw image, I do not see any of this.

Thanks.

UPDATE:

I have found what looks like the icon on the context menu for the Move tool but I do not see any dialog box that would control the rotation. Perhaps it is different for drawn images as compared to normal photo images?

• Staff

@MikeFromMesa,

There's no dialog to control the rotation. Just enable it in the context toolbar, position the Rotation Centre control where you want on the canvas, and use the bounding box controls of the object to rotate around it.

Currently the Transform panel controls override the user-defined Rotation Centre. 

This is not available in Develop Persona - there will be controls for document rotation later. It's only for regular objects/layers in Affinity Photo (Photo Persona) and Affinity Designer.

• Staff

I know that there are a limited number of keystrokes possible but I have 9 panels that I use most often and 9 number keys that I do not use at all. (Cmd/0, I do use.)  I would love the Option to assign those number keys to the Studio Panels that I use.  Any hopes of that?

Unfortunately, numeric keys are already taken up to change the opacity of the selected object. So you won't ever be able to use those keys. The studio panels hide and show shortcuts can be added at some point.

I was aware those keys were already assigned; I was just hoping that there would be an Option for the user to reassign them to something useful to the user.  I may be misunderstanding just how user-assignable the shortcuts are.  Can any or all of the others be changed to suit the user or are they all set in stone?  There are a number of other pre-assigned shortcuts that are of less use to me than the ability to open/close individual panels would be.  But that would require shortcuts for the individual panels rather than one command for the whole schmear.  I'm aware that no developer can please everyone but the more Options for user-customization there are, the closer you come.  

This Beta is broken on osx 10.7.5 macbook

post-16450-0-75079700-1442768181_thumb.png

Most of the gui is missing and the image is invisible. It does appear to load images but If I can't see it I can't work on it.  

Ok in preferences there are use hardware opengl ticked and below that use internal graphics un ticked with both both unticked things look normal now.

no still problems right hand toolbox is showing a checkerbox pattern rather than tools. but i can see my image now.

I downloaded this beta to have access to the "haze removal tool".  The tool does a great job of removing haze. However, every time I use it the file it creates is unusable or otherwise editable.  Every time I save it and try to re-open it with another program, Preview or LR, it causes the entire system to want to crash and the programs become unresponsive.  Have tried it multiple times.  Is this a known issue in the beta?  I see in the above notes that this most recent version of the beta addresses a haze filter issue that causes crashes when switching between layers but this seems completely different.  Thanks!!

• Staff

Hi Argolich,

Can you be more specific? The Haze Removal is not a Live filter, meaning you can't adjust/edit it after you have applied it to the image. That's the expected behaviour. Only Live filters can be edited anytime (non-destructive). You can access them trough the Live Filters icon in the Layers panel. The filters from the Filter menu are regular filters (i.e destructive).

To which format are you saving the file?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.