You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when Copying Group

Hi, just want to preface this by saying I love your software, I have a crash when copying a group in this affinity designer project file:

Affinity Designer Version: 1.8.5.703

Operating System: Windows 10 Build 20H2

Reproduce: Copy Group labeled "Structures" in attached Affinity Designer Project file. I've also attached a video showcasing the crash.

openstreetmap-crash.afdesign

• Staff

Hi AlainGalvan,

Do you have Windows Clipboard History enabled (or other clipboard software)? Were aware of crashes that can occur when using this and I can confirm I can reproduce your crash, but only with Clipboard History enabled. If I disable this, then I don't get the crash using your file. So its worthwhile disabling if you don't intend to use the clipboard history feature.

I'll get this passed on to development

• 1 month later...

Hello to all here at the Affinity Forum.

I am using Affinty products since 1,5 years. Done the switch form ADOBE. It's my first post here.

Luckily found this tip to disable the clipboard history in windows. Helped me out of a bug in Affinity Designer 1.9 and 1.9 beta. The software crashes copying elements. Hope this behaviour will be fixed in an upcoming version. 

Keep up the good work.

Regards,
Elmar