You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New Year message for 2021

Kasper-V

Well, it's been a pretty awful year. let's hope things will start to improve. Here's my New Year video, made with APhoto and MoviePlus. For those who can't understand the lads' Black Country accents (which will be most of you, I expect!) I've provided subtitles in English -- click on the little icon in the bottom right-hand corner.

Oh, Kasper, Kasper, Kasper! Have you been OD'ing on the Monty Python boxsets again?

The joke about taking of the masks-is-too-much-like-hard-work-to-animate was pure genius!

I must admit to needing the subtitles, damn those face masks, making conversations difficult!

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

22 minutes ago, peter said:

The joke about taking of the masks-is-too-much-like-hard-work-to-animate was pure genius!

Oh, you're too kind Peter! But it's true -- a little bit -- that it's too much bother to animate the mouths properly. I have used a not-very-friendly animation program in the past, but it has a poor output format with a restricted size. Rather than do all the mouth shapes, I just used one face-mask shape, which only required one layer in MoviePlus. (And a separate one for the eyes, of course.) 

Well, I can put my feet up and get back to my box sets until next Christmas now 😊

Sometimes restrictions, such as colour, texture, format, media etc can actually trigger the brain to unleash the hidden talents. This might not have worked as well, if the animation software was better to work with.

(And now for something completely different)

Happy New Year, may it be Covid and restriction free.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111