You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all,

Just trying to work out a couple of things.

Firstly, why has the quality of my image once exported and then uploaded to Youtube as a display picture loses all quality? Youtube guides say to make it 98x98, I reduced the workspace to 98x98px, resized my object with 'scale to object' enabled and exported it as a png at the same pixel size, but when I hit upload on Youtube, it comes out as screenshotted below.

Any suggestions?

TIA

- Aussie

brave_5WsZDHw7nk.jpg

Aussie iTV

Windows 10 | Ryzen 9 5900X | RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6

Affinity Designer | Affinity Photo | Affinity Publisher

39 minutes ago, AussieGamerGuy92 said:

I reduced the workspace to 98x98px, resized my object with 'scale to object' enabled

I am assuming that you are using Affinity Photo (you do not say).

Not sure what you mean by 'reduced the workspace'. Do you mean changed the Canvas Size?

Why is this step necessary? Why not simply use Document > Resize Document and set one of the two dimensions (presumably you want to maintain your Aspect Ratio). If you were given a target dpi, then you should change this first. In any case, you would need to tick Resample

What resizing algorithm did you use?  Did you try one of the Lanczos Algorithms?

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Do you really say 98x98 px? This is next-to-invisible. You Profile snap has a size of >500x500px, so the picture is blown up by factor 5 or more, this allone leads to blurryness. Google search gave me a recommanded sizes of 800x800. Could you try again with 800x800 px?image.png.2981e2d07210161b71d6a115d8b29b13.png

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

I did think that 98px was insane, but was going off of what was in front of me on their site, since going back after sleeping and working I've now found the sizing you've got

Aussie iTV

19 hours ago, John Rostron said:

I am assuming that you are using Affinity Photo (you do not say).

Not sure what you mean by 'reduced the workspace'. Do you mean changed the Canvas Size?

Sorry, I am actually using Designer, and 'reduced the workspace' is just the wrong choice of words, or not using better software words - primarily because I am still very new to using Affinity and just used the words that came to me naturally.

I did go through Document settings and configured it that way, but also since found that I was likely working off of the *absolute minimum* pixel requirements too

Aussie iTV