You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

EPS file open like sliced images

malaga16

Dear Affinty Team!

I tried to open lots of EPS (and Ai) files with Affinity designer but it open like slied images!

If i open it with Adobe Illustrator everything are good! (I can see vector layers)

I tried to save as lots of option in illustrator, but not working! All of solution are same. Open with sliced images and not vector layers.

Please help me, i bought all of your product, because i want to leave the Adobe bug-blackhole. 🙂 But i cant use your software too if i can open correctly any EPS or Ai.

1 hour ago, v_kyr said:

Well other software can, so it's more a matter of the used library and it's capabilities to parse/read-in those Adobe file formats.

It could be.  I can't read that link.  But the format is a proprietary file format.  I haven't heard that Adobe has been licensing any other companies to use it.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Other third party tools like Magic/Xara Designer, Corel ... etc. can do better. Also InkScape can open/import yet AI files usually intact *unless* there are a lot of clipping paths and/or certain effects in the file. So even Ai is a proprietary file format, some can open the PDF portion of the AI file more correctly.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 2 weeks later...

ARG!! has anyone found a solution to this EPS problem????  I bought the EPS from shutterstock...and on both Affinity designer and Photo--it opens as a MESS....I've looked thorough so many forums for answers....But all I find is the problem lots of people are having...HOw has affinity not solved this yet! Has anyone come up with a work around??? I am losing my mind

Edited by LizardTrading