You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Not an immediate problem, if a problem at all.

In DrawPlus I have a black rectangle and want to create a black, white, black linear gradient from left to right. It takes next to no time to do it.

In Designer, I'm struggling.

Black rectangle.

I use the fill tool and the initial gradient from left to right is 0,0,0 to 77,77,77 RGB.

I add a mid-point node and colour it white. The gradient is now 0,0,0, 255,255,255 77,77,77.

In the gradient editor, I select the left node and use the colour picker to copy its colour (0,0,0).

I select the right node and click on the picked colour. The centre node disappears and the fill immediately changes to solid.

It's an easy matter to achieve what I need with black/white/black, knowing the RGB values, but not so easy with other colours. The basic problem is to easily copy the exact colour from the left node to the right one and vice versa. Also, doing it without altering the centre node colour.

Is it me?

1 hour ago, Eddy-2 said:

Not an immediate problem, if a problem at all.

In DrawPlus I have a black rectangle and want to create a black, white, black linear gradient from left to right. It takes next to no time to do it.

In Designer, I'm struggling.

Black rectangle.

I use the fill tool and the initial gradient from left to right is 0,0,0 to 77,77,77 RGB.

I add a mid-point node and colour it white. The gradient is now 0,0,0, 255,255,255 77,77,77.

In the gradient editor, I select the left node and use the colour picker to copy its colour (0,0,0).

Hello @Eddy-2,

why don't you copy the HEX value, which is displayed in the RGB HEX Slider panel.

In this way I have created my own color gradients.

Cheers

Gradient.png

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3447)