You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color Profiles and Soft Proof

Knikki

Hi,

Affinity Photo 1.8.6

OS Mac Big Sur

Machine 2019 iMac

I have downloaded a Blurb icc profile and installed it in to the recommended Profile area on the Mac.

However when I have an image open and go to Soft Proof (this is same in Photo and Designer) I cant see it in the menu, infact just looking again I cant see any of the profiles for my Printer either?????? (Apples Color Sync utility can see them)

This is odd because they were ceratinly there when I had Catalina installed.

So something odd with Affinty and the way it works with Big Sur?

Big Sur hidding the profiles for some reason?

Anybody and idea why I can't see anything other than the installed default profiles?

Thanks.

Hi MEB

Thank you for the pointer and I followed the solution, to a point.

The Import ICC Profiles has allowed me to import the Blurb one but for some reason it will not Import the Canon Printer one, its about 3Mb in size and containes a bunch of profiles for the various papers.

Using the Iport ICC Profile dialog it allows me to navigat eto the area where the profile is, I can select it and Import it, no error message is seen but when I look in the Soft Proofing menu they are not there, have tried a couple of times and also restarted Affinity but to no avail.

Also the Print Menu used in Affinty also does not see the Paper Profiles nor does it allow me to Colour Manage either.

Thanks,

Knikki